EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

CCP couldn’t even run a fair test of how many people played during Blackout, and they were absolutely banking on that causing people to come back.

They don’t need to implement their final product yet, but giving vague buzzwords about their intentions doesn’t inspire confidence. This will lead to players quitting the game because they don’t see a future where the market isn’t being starved by CCP. If they had some meaningful words on what the next steps are, players could find actual suggestions instead of the only two things we see here. Deal with it or quit.

2 Likes

You mean it’s going to drastically reduce botting activity and weed out those who would rather complain than adapt? How is this not a win?

5 Likes

At the individual level, yes; anyone can join Goons and have a titan within a year or two. However at the higher levels Goons and to a lesser extent the other large coalitions have exploited the current resource distribution mechanics to amass forces well beyond anything that was ever intended. As long as that dynamic remains, the game is ultimately doomed to follow the path of Serenity.

1 Like

Maybe don’t wait until the last minute?

3 Likes

LOL to the burn unit

1 Like

Those numbers do not exist. The CSM cannot force CCP to do anything. This is something CCP has planned to do and—apparently—has a plan for.

All we can do at this point is wait and see… or don’t.

1 Like

TL:DR - I’m confused, frustrated, and almost ready to cash out my chips.

I’ve only been playing this game for a little over three years. What I do not comprehend is how you can level the playing field when the game appears to have been set up for an uneven situation from the get-go. You have high-sec where it’s low risk, low reward. You have low-sec where it’s medium risk, medium reward. You have null sec where it’s high risk, high reward.

You mine in high-sec, it’s chump change, and you do it for a god-awful long time to make headway. Maybe you have a corp that you’re a member of that can defend itself in low-sec, and you get substantially more money, but not more than what is available to you in null sec.

You run missions which start off as chump change, but as you go higher in standing, those missions start to get run in low sec and the payouts are far more significant. Again, only been playing for 2 years, but I remember someone saying something about burner level 4 missions, or some such, that are decent money.

Exploration runs the same way, high sec is peanuts, low sec is ok, null sec is where the payout is.

So, how does one go about making sense of any of it? I am an open minded person, so I’d love some details about how exactly things are going to be ‘balanced’ when the whole premise of the game is IMBALANCE. You’ve slowed the velocity of ISK if 80% of the botters are gone. I guess this is how you stop multi-box miners from running 10+ accounts and generating 50+ billion ISK per week. I applaud you for the effort, but the damage has been done. They’ll run exhumers/barges and accomplish the same thing just on a slightly smaller scale…1 rorqual, max boosts, and the ability to panic until help arrives.

I moved to null sec because of the opportunity to make more ISK for my time than I was getting in high/low sec. I trained a pilot up to a Nyx and Rorqual because I got sick of making 45M an hour with a VNI and about the same with a Covetor. A game is no longer a game when it starts to feel like a job.

I’ll likely do like someone said in here and just let everything roll Alpha until the smoke clears.
Personally, I only play one game at a time…and this game has exhausted a majority of my tolerance for BS. I may just dust off my PS4 and enjoy some Rockband/Guitar Hero with my 2 kids.

4 Likes

You do get that the first changes they’ve done have made high sec mining relevant again right… like it used to be in the old days.
Not as totally all encompassing. But EVE was at its healthiest when Null needed to buy high sec minerals an mass to produce on any scale as it meant the areas of space fed each other.

You do also get that buzz words are called buzz words for several reasons. Because they are actually used in the industry for serious purposes and across multiple companies to create understandable reports. So stop thinking of them as meaningless buzzwords and actually consider they are using them seriously. There is no way they could show what’s under the hood of those numbers, but having done something similar on Health & Safety in my company lately I can say for sure that there are some very good ways to score that sort of thing.

CCP also wanted entitys in nullsec to produce their own resources and not just mass import from jita. So what is their goal here because we now have two competing schools of thought and no real direction from CCP.

Are we moving back to mass importing or do they still want localized resources?

1 Like

Risk/reward balance is still a balance.

1 Like

Maybe the goal is to mass import some resources and mass export others.

2 Likes

If you are trying to PLEX your accounts every month, you’ve already turned EVE into a job…

Let’s be honest here. If you can’t afford a subscription, there are probably other things you need to be doing with your life than playing online games…

2 Likes

3 Likes

I really don’t like the tone of thread, I don’t get to play EVE much due to real life, I like to make progress measured in Isk which I don’t have masses of and if activities change to the point of making no isk without buying Plex then I will stop playing the game. I also run an Omega account, I am not interested in running multiple characters for me it ruins the immersion of the game. If paying for plex and subbing is the only way to make any sort of progress I am done.

I had 3 accounts, 2 paid…3rd one plexed via in-game ISK. That 3rd one won’t be plexed anymore. The 1st and 2nd accounts will just expire away into Alpha. I can rat in a Myrmidon…

2 Likes

It won’t be the only way. Your isk making is safe. As a single account user you won’t see much difference if you pick smart activities.

2 Likes

Why do you gather ISK if you are not going to spend them?

The BIG issue here is with CCP selling out and the closure of the China Server…………

IT IS NOT WITH THE CHANGES TO TQ that we are seeing……………

Take a LOOK AT the economy blog and then post up a constructive comment in here without taking down a fellow player and explain HOW all of a sudden OASA has made so much ISK……………

Tie that in with the Botting Issues CCP Admit to and let’s keep things focused………

Well… Influx of new players? Oasa is governed mostly by Fraternity, and CCP works hard to spread the game around Korean population.

1 Like

Ok, so I hadn’t looked at it from that perspective. I just get tired of hearing things like “insert region” is safe because of umbrella, or “insert ship” is safe because of umbrella, or even “insert ship” is safe because of some module. The fact of the matter is that nowhere is safe in Eve. You can get blown up at any point in time in the game…regardless of security level or umbrella…it’s just less likely in certain securities or under certain umbrellas. Still not sure what they’re trying to balance in the end…hence me stepping away for a while until there’s a clear view of what I have to deal with to play the game. I have enough instability in my life right now without my ‘leisure’ adding to it.

1 Like