EVE Online Ecosystem Outlook

It is true they said that, but they also provided zero details and no date for when, so for now it is as normal, R4 moon is worthless.

If people do mine it, by the time it will become used it will still be worthless as there will be so much of it around, stored on player accounts. This will need a further nerf to rebalance

1 Like

Well, the way I see it, they basically told you: it will become important, in the longer run, so start considering stockpiling it.
I do not think, in any other patch notes, they have ever given such crystal clear information.
I think the problem people have is that they want instant everything: instant isk, instant information, instant value.
EvE is anything but Instant. Think long run instead.

5 Likes

I see a lot of people have strong opinions. :slight_smile: I’m a relatively new player, about 6-7 months. I make my isk by exploration primarily, and a bit of pve. You say conflict is interesting and good…I say it is an annoyance I tolerate. I don’t like it…as a new player. When I have 4+ years of skills and can fly all the shiny ships I want to, I’ll be happy to pvp and might even enjoy it. I’ve not cared too much about ore/minerals because I don’t really like mining :). I work hard on explore, sometimes spend 4-5 hours a day on it, and I’ve been able to have enough isk to buy Omega each month. I don’t have more than that…but am starting to get more as my skills and experience get better and have put extra per month into skill injectors. If you are intending to increase the demand/price of PLEX and at the same time increase pvp (which I know you are because almost every single change you’ve made while I’ve been here has that purpose in mind) then I’ll have to see if the game will still be fun. It won’t be fun if I have to work harder than before to keep up omega, or if people are so desperate for kills that I can’t find places to do explore without pvpers or where I can’t do pve combat sites lvl 5 and up (profitable ones) in peace. I think a good balance is if you put in more in-game time, you should be able to make more in-game isk. Without that only being in pvp. Also…if you make ships much more expensive to build, and pvp kills increase…, it will drive up demand for mats, but also make newer players like myself more discouraged to use expensive ships at all. HS is fun for awhile…but it gets a bit boring after some time. It will drive out individuals and small corps and you will get fewer larger corps. Maybe that is what you want. Anyway I do still enjoy the game…hope I can continue to. btw…the annoying red dots are still there, can you please please please put in an option to not have those really annoying red dots. :slight_smile: Glad you are removing cheaters…no one likes them and I hate cheaters.

5 Likes

So if someone is hitting you with a stick, saying it will get better soon, but they won’t tell you when, and they keep doing it, you are saying you would just wait until it gets better.

This is all carrot and stick tactics.

4 Likes

Demonstratably false, you must be able to prove this then? What did I say that was demonstratably false? And as for anyone saying anything opposite. You had a person who got into the CSM strictly on the goal to make sure the nullsec groups were playing fair, and they come back and say “Yes nullsec CSM members are looking out for the entire game” and instead of accepting reality you decide that person to must be compromised and lying to you. There is no proof that would convince you so that makes you delusional.

No but you must be new. I have not seen you in any high level diplomatic channels and I am part of the Test High Command, so whatever deals you have been making don’t involve test.

So the vast majority of feedback has lead to constant nerfs to nullsec, but some how that is all of nullsecs plan to make it stagnant and boring, and this is some grand conspiracy of the top level members of nullsec doing what?

Rorquals and citadels have both been shouted down by the CSM to still be released as initially presented by CCP. Again you must not be paying attention

It needs to be broken up because you want them to play by your rules. Welcome to the sandbox, we don’t have to play the way you want, and you can play the way you want.

2 Likes

Well, they’re dealing with it now. But why be happy that they’re finally addressing it, when we can complain that they took so long?

Also, every time they try to address the imbalance, players throw a fit and threaten to unsub. It’s almost like the people who constantly complain aren’t actually helping anything.

They ubsub because CCP isn’t addressing it. They are unsubbing because CCP is tanking the economy and then maybe addressing it at a later date. There actually is no point in having anyone mining right now because CCPs stated goal is to starve the economy.

2 Likes

While all of you have been arguing, I’ve already made another 100 million mining…

This, along with other “pearls” of wisdom seems to be the best advice for many of us right now. Be as pissed as you want. I watched a good 20/30 man corp evaporate. We all know pain in this game. That’s why were still here, because were stupid/crazy/narcissist.

That part out of the way, I feel “parts” of the player base got too greedy. (CCP gave it to them) Those of us who had a passion for the game and did not abuse the game mechanics got screwed in the process it seems. Now for the 1st time in a LONG time, CCP “appears” to be trying to fix that. More power to them! My 3 acct’s went alpha just last month. I might not play much anymore, but I still pay attention. Before I see another batch of good people leave the game, I would ask that you take a break like I am. Don’t go away mad, (well…) just go away mad for a yr or 2. If your posting in these official forums where it’s harder to get a response from CCP than it is on Redit, then you do care about the game whether you will admit it or not.

The “Ouch” period, with any luck will see a revival of the game in the long run. Frankly, we don’t have much more to lose…

On a better note, it does “seem” to me the Dev’s are posting more on the forums. I didn’t get an answer to my direct question, but that’s irrelevant. The simple fact that they are posting more gives me hope. It takes a big person to face your worst enemies is person/forums. :smiley:

Meh… Tear yourselves apart…

You have already been called out on your numbers in this thread and dodged it so no point in continuing to make up facts.

1 Like

Wait, you mean you can mine and type on the internet at the same time?.. :astonished:

You have no idea how many toons I’m mining with, so yes, while all of you have been bickering back and forth, I’ve made another 100 million mining in high sec. Unlike most of you who are whining about the changes, I don’t treat EVE as a job or have to PLEX my accounts…

Takes all of 30 seconds to swap over and type a reply…

You have been explicitly asked this when someone broke down the numbers. So from now on I will assume you are making 100mil an hour with 20 accounts. The entire point was that whatever you are doing, you could be making more money doing missions.

1 Like

If at all possible, please do not forget the solo player base. There are a lot of Eve players that simply do not want anything to do with corporations. Corporations and other players that take advantage or abuse them, will cause them to quit just the same. One thing I had noticed is the steady push toward joining a corporation. This is becoming almost a necessity even without CCP stepping in, and it should not be so. Remember Han Solo? Although it may seem that players stay due to joining corporations, a lot of players simply leave due to absolutely having to join a corporation. So this cause and effect, essentially serves itself. And you don’t need anyone to tell you how to play the game, the information is out there. This needs to be addressed, and not in forcing more corp. joining, as had been done thus far. Because players such as myself, simply don’t want that, and if forced, will leave Eve no problem. Perhaps the simple effort to allow a player to play this game without relying on a fleet, should have some focus. One more thing, governing seldom has a beneficial outcome, let the universe dictate its own balancing act, forcing, tweaking, and nerfing the game to suit everyone is impossible, and not the answer.

3 Likes

Maybe, but mining is my thing and that’s what I like doing. I make more than enough doing that in high sec to keep me happy. To each his own I guess…

I am going to say something that may be a little unpopular here, but all these nerfs are ridiculous. Eve is already balanced. Every newbro that signs up has all they need to make a great go of this game. They have the exact same chance as EVERYONE else. There is no imbalance. If it were unfair, then I could see and understand these sweeping changes. All these nerfs are not being done to balance the game, they are being done so that CCP will not have to come up with new innovative ways to keep players entertained and to keep them subscribing. The problem is that in an effort to make themselves a lazier life, they are going to ruin the play style of the current playerbase (except of course those who are so rich now that nothing really matters). I started playing a year and a half ago. I rat in a Nyx and I’m starting to get to the point that I can get some pvp ships and blow them up without it being devastating to my game finances. If the nerf bat keeps swinging at everything that makes isk in Eve, I will not be able to afford pvp ships, I’ll just try to keep my account subbed. I just hope that the CCP devs understand that if isk making is bad, and nerfing is good, then they should remember that too much of a good thing is often worse than the original bad thing.

1 Like

I can just down size my toons, because mining in nullsec won’t be a thing anymore for me, ty CCP you made playing eve way more cheaper for me :rofl:

1 Like

Of course there’s a point in mining, because if you’re not someone else is and in doing so has the advantage of incoming minerals. And if nothing else the one thing which this update makes clear is that CCP has a vision for how this is going to progress. There really is no way to get the intended results of a major change to mineral distribution without first depleting stockpiles and figuring out what quantities the game needs to survive.

I hope the Burners and abyssals 4-5 lvls will leave the Empire, as well as sotios and keepstars.

2 Likes