EVE Online: Invasion - General Feedback

I know EVE better than you!.. No! I know better!.. and that`s how it is all over the time, in almost every topic. Pathetic. Throw yourselves into ■■■■.

2 Likes

Don’t feed the troll, mate.

7 Likes

Yeah, you’re right. Thanks for reminding me of that.

3 Likes

Something changed in the last 10 minutes, for sure
scan

2 Likes

Yay. The content is back \O/.

2 Likes

That is a beautiful and horrifying overview right there.

1 Like

Removed a post for violating forum rules as well as the replies to it.

6 Likes

Oi CCP!

NPCs in Major conduits can reposition themselves on the grid, although it’s a deadspace pocket (or whatever you call it). Players can’t reposition themselves on the grid because “You cannot warp there because natural phenomena are disrupting the warp”.

What’s the reasoning behind that?

2 Likes

players op… need to give npcs some edge

They already have an edge :D. Those rascals know exactly where you will land on a grid. Even before you can start moving, they’re already around you.

3 Likes

You can warp around within a minor conduit. Are the major ones different? That’s strange.

1 Like

Yes, it seems so. It would also fit with the built-in lore … that because the background radiation is even higher than in minor conduits, the scordite-based ore has been cooked to a higher level as a result. Presumably this same radiation is interfering with warp. You also cannot warp into bookmarks.

That said, the majors are also bugged since before DT and will not be redeployed for “a while”. This is despite a (hot?) fix being trialed as we speak. So, the non-warping appears real, but some of the other bits are yet to be confirmed once the sites are back up.

3 Likes

Are you telling me that the Triglavians developed special “warp engine features” since they’re allowed to warp around :O?

P.S. Where are my major conduits? CCPlease

3 Likes

Please make it so that the invading forces reinforce/destroy citadels in system.
This would remove all these low power ones while also allowing players to hunt down these structure bash fleets.
Win Win

3 Likes

They likely wouldn’t be in the system long enough to be around for the reinforcement timer. Plus not terribly fun for the owners since it’d be impossible to defend against 24/7.

Well, normally in any PvE environment in any game, the triggers to continue (escalate in this case) an event are known, yet nobody knows in this expansion how the invasion systems are generated and how to escalate the minor conduits to majors.

I spent all day hunting down fleets and sealing minor conduits, with a major ready fleet but there was no escalation. We could have spent that time more productively and honestly just waiting around in an overkill fleet in the hopes of getting major conduits is VERY boring. In the end what happened, we gained the belief that invasion is not worth our time. Thanks.

3 Likes

That is because there are currently no major conduits. This was posted 3h after DT … “We’re just testing out a fix but for the time being we will not distribute more of this particular site”.

This was in response to forum post 2h before DT noting sites were bugged … they were available, with conduits open but no npcs so could not be played. And this had been the case for several hours prior. So, they have not been “working” now for at least 18h?

I’m guessing we will not see these sites (or get to test escalation theories) until after next DT.

3 Likes

Would you be so kind and tell me where you have read their post?

Never mind … Found it: Major invasion sites bugged?

2 Likes

Since the start of May consecutive online user numbers have fallen like a rock this appears to represent an acceleration of the continuing loss of players throughout 2019. Normally a good expansion sees a bump in players. Here the exact opposite seems to have happened. Ccp’s Decision to focus on pve and making highsec safer has apparently encouraged a sizeable number of folk to not log in. People are voting with their money and appear to be saying that this expansion is a dog.

It’s like the old saying insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Ccp continues to double down on its softening of eve in the hopes of hordes of new players showing up and yet they never appear. Meanwhile the old players abandon the game which is unfortunate because without them there are less and less players talking up the game, which is where the new players actually come from.

5 Likes

I disagree, it’s more like they keep adding overpowered NPC content to high security that has little reward and requires a fleet to run. Also removing freedom of choice by forcing players to engage in content they don’t want.

3 Likes