EVE Online: Lifeblood - General feedback

I’m not see any asteroids in belts in hisec/lowsec, only NPC miners… Next stupid step of EVE evolution?

1 Like

Resource war skins should be permanent and tradeable.

2 Likes

Thank you for sort of reinstating the asteroid field shadow effect further out than just 50km around the belt. It would be great if it was as strong as before but at least I can watch nice shadows again from further out.

For me it blinks every time a new anomaly spawns in system (Haven, Sanctum, etc…)

Hello.
I do not understand why alpha pilots can fly battleships and can not fly in barges, it does not make sense. And the auto-target missiles, salvager drones and sentrys same thing.

This perhaps doesn’t make sense when you think of it in terms of ship size and ship cost, but it’s the impact on the economy that allowing significantly more efficient resource gathering on free accounts would have that is key here.

These do make sense. Might as well have no Alpha / Omega divide at all if you think the advantages these ‘better things’ give to Omega players should be given to free players too. What would I as an Omega be paying money for? There are supposed to be advantages to being Omega / paying, and these are just some of them.

In general, the idea is that when you find a thing that you really want and can’t have as an Alpha, you pay to become an Omega, not want to know why you can’t have it as an Alpha.

CCP do need to make money, and would like you to become an Omega, after all.

1 Like

Is just not fair for alpha miners to fly only frigs and alpha pvp’s and pve’s can fly battleships and t2 medium stuff.

One of the basic design idea’s behind Alpha’s is that they are a consumption class. Their skills are combat based, the whole idea is that Alpha’s can jump in and get quick access to death and glory.

Alpha’s don’t get access to PI for example.

Alphas should be able to choose the career they want before being omega and not be forced to fight because they have no options.

It is less about individual Alpha’s career choice and more about the massed ranks of F2P characters that would be created to farm resources. The aging player base is expert at maximising return and minimising cost.

Unfortunately new players to Eve Online have to suffer because the existing players would exploit it to hell and back.

1 Like

What has fair got to do with it though?

I actually pay money to have those things because that’s how Omega works, I pay to have better things that make the game easier, quicker and more efficient.

Remember you can pay too if you really want those things.

Every single bit of free content is something that was once not free. Not so long ago there was only the option to pay. No free version. No Alpha / Omega. Just a standard MMO paid subscription business model.

You are getting a free meal at a restaurant where the other customers are paying, understand that. You haven’t walked into a free restaurant. There’s a huge difference.

Everything you get as a free player is a bonus.

Alpha does not exist to give you the best EVE Online gaming experience possible, be clear about that. Omega exists to do that.

Alpha exists to give you loads of free stuff to do that sadly, many new players seem to instantly take for granted and dismiss as nothing special before demanding more.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.