Eve Online MacMini m1

I have recently upgraded to a mac mini m1, after some initial trouble I was able to run eve online by changing the preferences of the launcher to:

• use dev version
  • wine-4.17-Staging-winehq-binary-208

It is working fine and I am finally enjoying the graphics of the game.

I have a big problem: In windowed mode I can only run the game at 1024*768. There is no way of resizing the window, etc. Thus in practice I can only run the game on full screen which is a huge problem for me :frowning:

Okay, so there are two different windowed modes (fixed window and windowed mode). Windowed mode should allow you to manually resize the window. There is also a settings file that you can try editing. Not sure where it will be on a mac, so try doing a file search.

And if you do figure this one out, please come back and tell us how you did it. Might help the next guy with the same problem.

Thanks for the answer.
I edited the file, but once I run it reverts back to “BackBufferHeight: 700, BackBufferWidth: 1024” , [1024, 700].
On my intel mac I am able to resize the window, but not on the M1.

This did work for me too but now it has stopped (since the recent update) any ideas welcome.

With this version of Wine, I’ll get a kernel panic hard reset crash once out of like every 2-3 hours playing. It can come at the most inopportune times, so fly safe out there…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.