EVE portraits - share tricks, and share yours!

6 Likes

What a great look!

happy holidays …

3 Likes

lol, nice Photoshop…

And Season Greetings…

I have attempted to do an avatar with as robotic a look as possible, based on a bit of roleplaying of being a capsuleer-like AI based on rogue drone tech (asperger here, so suits me well to play AI-like :grin:).

Still looking for the right bottom; annoys me that the many exploration suits and combat armors are not two piece :smiley:

And hunting for a second robot eye as well, without having to sell a Golem or Nightmare to get it…

4 Likes

Even if you had a second robot eye, I think you can only equip one at a time.

Nice theme for your picture!

1 Like

Thank you. And interesting point! I assumed that I could combine any right and left eye piece, such as these two:

You would think that your character has two eyes and can therefore combine two pieces of eyewear if each of them affects a different eye.

But alas, I’ve tried something like that before, and it doesn’t work.

In my case I tried combining a synthetic eye with glasses and even though that should easily be possible (one replaces your eyeball, the other way is in front of your face), you character can only equip one piece of eyewear at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks, you may have saved me a lot of ISK and anguish there! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Check out goggles.

1 Like

I would like to see CCP work on making it so multiple “layers” of accessories can be worn at a time. I’d like to mix a torsorig with bionic arms, for instance, but you can’t do that currently.

1 Like

Agreed! Looking at my avatar now, with the chest piece still pixelated after years and lacking a good leg part, I decided for the armor and barret to indicate EVA’s relation to CONCORD and medal for long service.

Still lots of room for improvement.

1 Like

I liked the previous version better, personally.

wait…you are literally playing as a mining bot…oh my…

1 Like

As do I, kinda better like the old version… still up for the toss :sweat_smile:

I am just enjoying the lazy mining beams while listening to education online, with dives into ratting and wormholes at times - but yes, often I’ll look more like a bot than intended ^^

I haven’t tried to fit the Bionic Arms with the Torso Rig. However both facial and arm sleeve Tattoos will show with Mechanical Augmentations:

2 Likes

I agree. The new picture looks less robotlike, which was a great theme for a character with that name.

1 Like

Hereby returning to previous avatar “by popular demand” … and mostly because I too liked the old one better :grin: - will try to find a non-pixelated robotic chest and better pants instead, but keeping the ‘EDENCOM combat uniform’ for special occasions :innocent:

3 Likes

Nice! What are the augmentations you have used there, on the body and top of head?

1 Like

Thanks, here’s the apparel items for that portrait:

Men’s ‘Tectonic’ Headwear (matte black)
Men’s Republic Service Tattoo (Brutor)
Men’s ‘Glass Semiotique’ Monocle Interface (right)
Men’s ‘Barbatus Semiotique’ Facial Augmentation
Tattoo Sleeve - ‘Drone’ (right)
Tattoo Sleeve - ‘Nature’ (left)
Men’s ‘Semiotique TorsoRig’ Body Augmentation
Men’s ‘Semiotique Sports’ Pants
Men’s ‘Semiotique Sports’ Shoes

Kinda hard to see but the area on the face around the monocle eyepiece has a ‘Burnt’ type scar on it…

1 Like

People do put effort into some of these well done and some great tips

3 Likes