EvE "Purge"

A new server system would be pointless. It would end up just the same as this one if it was essentially the same. There are reasons the game is in the state it is and players play it the way they do and those reasons would still be relevant.

Only way you could really do it would be to radically alter the game (essentially a new game) or leave this as a PvP server system and the new server system PvE. That would get rid of a lot of the hostility between the two groups. Of course there’s the cost factor as well as most likely less players on this server system. So can’t see that happening and how long until CCP mess it up anyway.

There’s also the issue that a lot of vets would not really want to start from scratch and couldn’t really transfer characters as that would ruin the market and financial power bases would exist at the start.

As for bots, they will be wherever they can make money in any MMO. All the MMO’s I’ve played have been plagued by bots, even though they help ruin a game. Not all bots will be RMT bots.

1 Like

Seperate servers for PvE/PvP would be a no go for me. While I’m mostly an industrialist in hisec/lowsec, with ocassional vacations in null, and PvP is not really my thing except running away alot, part of the enjoyment of Eve is the risks other players pose. If u took away the PvP element I personally would probably stop playing, If Eve was just shooting computer controlled rocks/npcs then there are plenty of better games I imagine. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Its not about optimism, its about reality, and you can’t ignore facts just because you “hope” it would be different, we call that blind optimism and its not that useful

Again, its not about hiding heads in the sand, its about taking an objective look at your suggestion and being able to see that it doesn’t prevent anything from happening again, there is a reason the server has ended up like it has, because its the most efficient use of resources, people aren’t going to actively choose the path that delivers less progression

I can tell you what would happen: recons would flood null, creating safe bookmarks, and by the end of the day every system would have a dozen cloaked cyno alts waiting for the next few days when all hell breaks loose.
This would be much more entertaining than the OP’s suggestion.

1 Like

Tough PvPer that won’t leave high sec.

It really shouldn’t take you this long to understand why this idea will never ever be implemented. Why would CCP put a hard limit on how much money they can get from players? Just think about it for 5 seconds.

2 Likes

You do realize people were multiboxing in those “classic eras,” right? I just don’t understand what a separate server would accomplish besides cutting an already anemic player base in half and making space feel even more empty. It’s kind of a moot point anyway considering CCP has already explicitly said that it will never happen.

1 Like

Sure, but you’re ignoring the part where i said “won’t be enough”, PLEX being used for game time are the biggest source of consumption, yes there would still be a need for them, but it would drop massively compared to the current rate of consumption

Sure, but people who want to pay $$$ for ISK are going to choose the option that gets them enough to justify it, nobody is spending $20 to get 500mil lol

Its called mining, its part of industry

Doubt it, they aren’t expensive now, sure they may end up being more expensive to begin with but thats due to the initial costs and unresearched blueprints, the cost will drop down to current levels once production ramps up, and you’ll need less ships for the reduced playerbase you would have as a result of this change anyway, supply will be low but so will demand :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, you might not remember what playing the game was like back in 2004 but it won’t actually be anything EVE hasn’t seen before, would be ignorant to think otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

No all that happens is people have to grind back to where they were, which isn’t even remotely interesting, you have nothing to offer them that they couldn’t literally experience right now by just starting a fresh alt and refusing to give it anything from their main

I mean, they can easily be shrugged off, you seem to think a new server would be some sort of holy grail and that something would change, human nature won’t be affected by a reset, and human nature is what lead to the state of TQ as it currently is, a new server does literally nothing to change that regardless of how many arbitrary pointless rules you seem to think you could impose on it

Why would i be optimistic about something that would very clearly by literally any rational objective observation fail?

Are you optimistic that you could somehow survive being shot by a tank? because thats the same sort of odds we’re talking here, if something is guaranteed to end badly then being optimistic is pretty much the same as being an anti-vaxxer or a flat earther, you’re literally wrong but can’t see it

Its not about “our own ways”, your idea is bad from a logical standpoint, in this case there is a definitive right and wrong

Yeah its called logic, you can imagine what you want until the cows come home but that won’t change the facts, i mean i can hope that i’ll find £5,000,000 in a briefcase on my way to work, that won’t actually make it any more likely to happen

Yeah and i don’t think CCP are going to come to your house to verify that you’re only running 1 copy of the game or that the second person logged in from your IP isn’t actually another person, there is literally no way for them to enforce those rules without screwing loads of people over, hence impossible to enforce

Absolutely! Without us the ‘Mighty PvP players’ who scorn and exclusively go after the PVE players would have no one to build self pride upon. We are here for ya! Glad to provide content you can handle.

1 Like

Lolwut? Are you ****ing kidding? You do know where PLEX comes from, right? It only exists because someone paid cash for it. The buying/selling of ISK just changes which player is paying the cash to CCP. In fact, PLEX makes more money than a conventional subscription because the cash price to buy enough PLEX for a subscription is higher than the cash price of buying a subscription directly.

Also, the only thing better than PLEX at 2 billion ISK for a month is PLEX at 10 billion ISK for a month. It’s great for those of us with nice jobs and a shortage of time to spend on farming. The more ISK I can get for $20 the more time I can spend doing fun things while some poor unemployed loser does my farming for me.

No they probably won’t. Players can use multiple computers and scramble their IPs but they can design the game to not allow multiple clients and launchers to run at the same time on a single device.

Spotted the person who has no clue about the subject they’re talking about. CCP can’t prevent you from running multiple clients on a single device because virtual machines are a thing. The only way to prevent multiboxing would be to block it at the IP address level, but then you’re right back to banning multiple players in the same household.

How about 1 time in your annual subscription you can use an invulnerable shield on a shuttle and go anywhere in Eve you want to explore other types of space.

This would allow the care bears (of which I am one) to see what the rest of eve looks like, the way the systems are setup, the routes in that space and maybe encourage folks like me to move to another kind of space.

Why not just go there in a shuttle… what have you got to loose?

You can lose 45 minutes. Happened to me, i was trying to get to a certain system through null. I was 4 jumps away from my destination when I got caught in a bubble gate camp. Tried to crash the gate- but shuttles die really fast. Had to start my journey all over again. So annoying.

If you want see something funny just put low sec system between the four empire ^^

love this idea

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.