Eve Stars are too bright for distance. (AKA Dynamic Lighting)

A few of the Abyss sites are too bright. I’ve had to turn my camera just so I could read the text.

1 Like

Gotta love the…
…so you think the graphics suck, I could live with ascii text graphics myself and just be with it like, like the Matrix!”, “I don’t even see the ascii anymore, I just see a Baddon, Apoc, Cerb, TiDi slow-mo and etc.

You go “Mr Reagan”

Yes make stars less bright.

Apparently people are not considering that such a change would mean that in most places in most systems everything would become muuuuuch darker, causing many many many more people to complain about the darkness than about the brightness.

If you want ships, stations, and structures to only be black silhouettes with a few lit spots, this proposal definitely is the way to go.

Yes, because it is so dark around Jupiter, Saturn and beyond. :roll_eyes:
Neptune and Pluto, sure.

The point is not about the ambient light level. it is that the Star itself does not realistically adjust in size and brightness from 1 AU to 40 AU.
I’d imagine its because the model scales don’t match the distance scales. Go out 1 AU ingame and the angle of arc for a 800k km star isn’t what it should be irl.

1 Like

I can park any ship I want inside the center of a star, and brightness is the issue you have with it?

If realism is what you’re after, you set the bar pretty low…

1 Like

Assuming someone who is asking for a bit more realism in a certain aspect of the game wants absolute realism everywhere is just silly.

2 Likes

Well yes. It isn’t about realism. It’s about me constantly trying to use my ship to block the stars because they’re just so damn bright.

1 Like

I soooooooo agree with this. I literally have to angle my camera away from the star to play.

2 Likes

Some crazy anchored our station at the sun :frowning:

2 Likes

We have one like that in our home system. We are anchored next to a blue giant that takes up my entire view screen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.