Eve Vision: play EVE without ever needing to leave EVE

I call BS on that. People will pounce on forum whiners, and can… adamantly… disagree with each other, but they tend not to piss on other people’s achievements. In fact, they can often be quite supportive.

Yeah, you rightly called somone out on using a strawman argument, but you then used a hasty generalization when you claimed that everyone was using strawman arguments, and are now using a reductio ad absurdum.

Finally, you do know that the EULA says “unfair advantage” and not “significant advantage” (or even advantage). I mean, all of the third party tools worth their salt give a significant advantage. The question is whether or not they give an unfair advantage, and we are talking about a (1) free program that is available to everyone without restriction, and that (2) seems to be more of a QOL thing than anything else. Moreover, if people do use other programs and plugins in combination with this program in way that is in violation of the EULA, that doesn’t make this program guilty by association. You have to consider what it does on it’s own. The only caveat to that would be that I’m sure that CCP has the right to prohibit the program if it makes it too easy for other EULA violating code to be used. But, that would be up to CCP.

Holy crap, how is it that every post you make has like 12 things I disagree with in it. I can’t even touch on them all without writing one thousand word walls of text. And, I still owe you a reply from the last thread we were arguing in. Sigh, I think I might do like Paul Torin and toss the baton to someone else for this thread.

4 Likes