Eve Vision: play EVE without ever needing to leave EVE

I mean I think it looks like a great tool…BUT still official word would be nice. Are you the developer?

You’re not going to get an official word regarding a 3rd party tool, because it’s at the discretion of CCP to allow it or not. They can’t sanction it then back track if it’s abused. So a lack of official word IS the official word.

1 Like

I am the developer, yes. However, CCP has a policy of never stating any tool is OK. They also, however, have a policy of not retroactively banning people when the community thought something was OK. They will simply say it is not OK to make these kinds of tools, and ask people to stop using it, and I will cease development.

1 Like

If you want an official ruling, make a support ticket and ask the GM’s.

This is actually only a method of displaying something on top of fixed EVE window, it is NOT illegal, and the things that you can display that are linked there were never illegal.

Nobody should be concerned about CCP banning for using this, more interesting is why Lucas insists on spending his free time here, in such form. :thinking:

3 Likes

Done. Lets see what I get back

Most likely, nothing.

Great app. Thank you for your hard work. Isk coming your way.

1 Like

I’ll leave this here. EveVision injects in the client and modifies the UI (how the game is played)… And #3 also directly prohibits modification of UI (one can argue that having one-click access to various mods speeds up the process of acquiring things in EvE)

/thread.

1 Like

No it doesn’t … reading comprehension 2/10 (bonus for effort)…

Edit: damn, now got me answering trolls… bugger - won’t happen again.

2 Likes

This is convenient; but, I have dual monitors so it’s not that much help.

And seriously, who plays MMOs with a single monitor anymore?

BTW, the tools that show up things on top of the game and other applications were known for years, without modifying anything in UI. Its just a popup window that is displayed on top of another window.
Just like a browser window on top of your borderless windowed game.

CCP MAY ban everyone for using anything tho, just like they did, when they banned someon for using Nvidia play. In that case dev posted they banned by mistake. Using GeForce Now = ban?

If CCP will have any issues, you can be sure they will post about it, prohibiting use.

Aaaaaaand, this tool is just some bookmark system for single windows, using Opera is still more convenient for me, it have VPN, detachable video window, multiple tabs can be opened, scripts usage etc.

So even the argument this tool is more convenient is disputable honestly.

What I like most is how it looks, the design of this thing is fitting EVE so much when window shows itself. The rest? Well, I have better functionality already.

I guess they better ban Mumble too then

1 Like

raise hand

4 Likes

I don’t play on any monitor, so that’s definitely an unfair advantage!

1 Like

I are gaining fair advantages. U can too.

This tool is nothing really different.

good lawd this is spicy, what have i done

And I’ll leave this here.

So no, not /thread.

2 Likes

apparently something has to be unfair for people to want to use it, guys

the more you know

1 Like