Eve Vision: play EVE without ever needing to leave EVE

I’m not the best person to speak on this and given we’re headed into a holiday weekend it will be a little while before I can get a more authoritative answer. I doubt such a decision would be retroactive in a case like this however.

Just to reiterate, please let the EULA speculation be for now. We’ll let you know if any concerns arise.

7 Likes

21 Likes

Well, I guess that settles that. Thank you so much, Aurora.

I’ve been in constant contact with multiple CCP employees, CSMs, and other community leaders since the beginning of this project to ensure this will remain EULA-compliant and healthy for the game. I will continue to do so.

Additionally, there’s going to be a ‘revocation’ list added in the next version that will make it so I can retroactively remove features and plugins that are possibly later deemed against the EULA OR found to be replaced with malicious sites. For those who are more technical, think central certificate revocation lists.

10 Likes

Sounds good. If any specific concerns arise we’re happy to work with you as best we can on them.

9 Likes

my dude, you took a screenshot and opened it up from google

but just to entertain you one last time - EveVision can’t run on the GPU. It has to be entirely CPU bound, which makes any kind of copying from other DirectX applications horribly slow. So no, that will never be possible in EveVision.

lmao at your note though, you seriously are that delusional that you think they’ll ban you for showing a screenshot inside of an evevision window

7 Likes

You build a strawman, you have to hit it yourself. Dont ask CCP to do it.

3 Likes

Well, if that’s the case, whatever URL it’s on will be banned from the revocation list. You’ll have to make your own version of EveVision to use it. But anyways, I’m seriously done now - it’s been great Lucas but you just gotta accept when you’re wrong, bud.

If anyone needs any help, I’m always on the Discord!

3 Likes

Hey, I can twitch a stream and open it in a browser too in opera, on top of EVE window. Does it mean I am banned now? :joy:

Feel free to open a pull request!

2 Likes

… in completely different places. Honestly, this is pathetic, Lucas.

5 Likes

Viewing second client screen, how is that not allowed and giving you an unfair advantage?
Assume someone else is doing the same. Because he have second monitor for example.

3 Likes

You really ought to just leave Kell be salty about this.

1 Like

I found it myself

We do consider overlays using elements of a second or multiple other EVE clients to be against the rules. It changes the way the game is played and grants the player unfair advantages over other players. For example, having overviews from other EVE clients as overlays on one EVE client would allow a player to get real time intel from all those other game instances without having to switch to the other windows. Similarly, overlays using elements from a second or multiple other EVE clients to allow the player to activate modules etc. on those other game instances without switching to the other client windows are clearly in violation of our rules.

So, if you dont use the elements of another UI, then its allowed. The exact same situation as with ISBoxer.

1 Like

Since evidently the message wasn’t made clear enough, I’m going to close this and escalate it.

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising

3. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online if it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

Closed for now.

4 Likes