EVE Wide (Experimental) theme feedback

I’m using Vivaldi 1.10.867.38 (Stable channel) (32-bit) on Windows 10.

Screen resolution is 2560x1440

Is it only happening to you when you snap the window to one side, or when it’s fullscreen as well? (I managed to repro by snapping to one side on a 2k screen)

1 Like

It happens no matter if window is snapped or maximized. If I reduce the windows size too small the blue scroll bar just disappears.

1 Like

Got Vivaldi, solved the problem on my Chrome and seems to work on Vivaldi in my screen resolution as well. Is it any better on your end? :fedo:

Edit: sort-of correctly positioned in Firefox as well (will improve on it tomorrow)

2 Likes

Works beautifully now. Thanks for the quick fix!

1 Like

is there a chance we could also get double wide, it’s a cultural thing

1 Like

7 Likes

@CCP_Avalon
So I just checked in another browser with lower resolution the scroll bar and buttons still overlaps.

This is safari on iPad Air 4

hm have you tried “non-wide” on the ipad 4 ?

Yes, please do that, the problem persists in Firefox depending on the width of your browser window (it’s correct’ish on a smaller width and when nearing 1800+ but broken inbetween :slight_smile:

i use it on my mobile in landscape mode.
apparently it puts the forum on a seperate thing and adds a background image?

like that much better. i’ve experienced no issues with this whatsoever.

Can we have big rectangular avatars in wide mode like on old forums? Something like this:

Same in Chrome on Linux. The scroll bar does not anchor properly to the right hand edge of the window for certain sizes, even if there is clearly padding for it on the page.

regarding this i’ve wondered if it wouldnt help, when hovering the tiny images, it loaded and hovered a bigger version.

maybe as a compromise?

Yes, the scroll bar is going all over the right side, is there no way to make it always in the same width and at the same place, without any active positioning?

Yeah I would like this be an option too. Maybe also Corp and alliance info. Although I do like the circular avatar better it feels more “immersive”.

2 Likes

Circles make it convenient to apply hats. Some folks would go crazy for hats as badges in Eve.

My issue with little avatar is that they are too small for recognizing similar looking avatars, and to see who actually wrote what, I have to double check the avatar name. In widescreen mode there is a lot of space and it can be used for bigger classic avatars. I seriously doubt CCP will add christmas hats. Not everyone is christian.

And there are also good reasons to have bigger avatars to show off your purchases of clothes, or if you want to stun others with beauty.

1 Like

We’ll call them holiday hats :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

CCP likes to celebrate by mentioning Yule lads. Because Yule lads are very mischievous, like pirates in low sec.