Displeased with the layout on higher resolution

On my big ultra wide screen, only a tiny part in the center is used… I hate this !!!

2 Likes

That’s a problem a lot of modern web-designs and applications have.
On the other hand, what do you expect? If the topics and posts would just be spread over the full screen it would look really strange either

It would not be so bad if the damn scroll bar didn’t take like a third of the used space in my browser…

Ahoy! I’ve added an experimental wide theme that you can select from your preferences. It does come with the disclaimer that it may be removed at any time should we deem it necessary (or even without a reason), and it may have some issues that aren’t in the slim version.

Original announcement about wide theme

Step-by-step guide to changing to the experimental wide theme:

• Click your character portrait in the top nav
  • Click the cog (gear)
  • Select Interface in the left menu
  • Select “EVE Wide (Experimental)” from the Theme drop-down menu
  • If there is no drop-down with “Theme” above it, try reloading the page
  • Save the changes
2 Likes

I don’t even have access tot he Theme menu. Do I have to spam more post about how I think this new forum is bad before I can even try your potential fix?

Try refreshing if the theme menu does not show up in the Interface part of your preferences. I’ve checked and confirmed that your account should indeed be able to change the theme you have selected. :aura:

If you refreshed, can you try refreshing with CTRL+F5? There is no restriction on your account from accessing the theme selection.

That did work and the discus scroll bar is now tiny.

May I suggest re-sizing the bar for the normal layout too since it takes about 20~30% of the used space?

I hope you will keep the widescreen option, as I find it makes all the difference on a desktop with big, WS monitors.

Way better with the wide-theme … now please USE the won space for highly desired useful info … give us back corporation and alliance names for posters …
After a second view I have to add: Does your wide-theme make this OVERSIZED REPLY-Button even bigger?
Its bigger than the line containing the poster’s name

:fedo: ~ Experimental ~ :aura:

Edit: But I’m not seeing the overly huge reply buttons you’re talking about… Have you tried refreshing?

1. yes I refreshed …
  2. there are more than 1 reply buttons - I mean those at each post - not the one below all posts … the one at each post is bigger than the one below … the font size is also different but from a design position should be the same

As I worked as webdesigner for more than 3 years though primarily on the PHP Server content - but as I was the sole man they had, also on the frontend: Could you please use the same style-template for BOTH reply -button types ?
When I use my browsers tools … I see the following

reply at posts : 81.9 px width , 34 px height
reply below : 83.3 px width, 30 px height
when writing : 86,5 px width, 30 px height

yea, its not much … only 4 pixels - but the bigger reply button at the posts make that line appear way more important than other “stuff” on the page … I dont know if that is intented? or simply happened

1 Like

Apart from the inconsistent Reply-button, there is also the fact that the scrollbar is still hideous and breaks the wide theme.
http://i.imgur.com/wZDIsqz.png

Odd as I get this.

I’m still trying to figure out how to PM on this thing… I’ve apparently unlocked the ability, but cannot find the option anywhere.

Anyway, if you’d be interested in helping me test something out (and can figure out how to PM) shoot me a message.