Is the new design primarily for smartphones?

(Jeylin Alland) #1

I think the new forum pages are too small/narrow with seemingly low resolution compared to the old design. I would expect wider pages made for widescreen monitors. It’s also somewhat harder to find what you’re looking for, it’s not intuitive. I’m not even sure I posted this message in the right place. And the tiny avatars have lost their purpose. As it is now, I would prefer the old forums. Sorry, I know you guys must have worked hard on it but I don’t see any improvement over the old forum design.

(CCP Avalon) #2

Have you checked out the experimental wide theme?

(Dinsdale Pirannha) #3

How about answering the OP’s original question.
Was this new format designed for smartphones?

(CCP Falcon) #4

Nope.

(Jeylin Alland) #5

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn’t noticed that before.

Now that I have tried it in experimental widescreen mode, I think it’s a substantial improvement. It should be the default.

(Linus Gorp) #6

The “modern” web is disgusting, isn’t it?

(CCP Avalon) #7

That’s something we can consider once it’s no longer experimental. :stuck_out_tongue: :aura:

(Erika Mizune) #8

There is the wide-screen theme you can select and also on the avatars, you can install a userscript to adjust that as well. I was saddened by the tiny avatars as well, but this works. See:

(Osa Engawa) #9

I can assure you it sucks on a phone, too.

(Rain6637) #10

Format is clean on mobile. What I like the most is my login persists through sessions. In the last forum I had to visit evegate to renew my forum session. Kind of annoying when you have the double verification with the google code generator.

So yay!

(Steve Ronuken) #11

have you seen the discourse app?

Pretty much the same, but has auth by token.