Event battleship keeps jumping 100km when you go near

I was doing the T2 Vicious electrical with the sleeper spawn and killed everything but the battleship and looted the EDENCOM cache. Once I approached the battleship to get into my optimal range at about 40km just jumped 100km in a random direction. Same thing happened again and again - just when I was getting near with my 600m/s AB, it will jump again. Until of course the 30min timer expired and I lost my ship+pod. I’ve done these same sites 5-6 times before and had never have this happen to me. Is this normal? So bring a MWD or die? Can you even scramble the battleship to prevent the micro jump?

It only happened after the last patch, could it be a bug? I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

1 Like

Get good.

5 Likes

Yes, was happening to me too, I tricked it by burning in the opposite direction out of the arena, to get teleported in from opposite directly on top of it. Once I was close it didn’t jump anymore even though I had no scram.

These arena instances sadly are designed for multiboxing.

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t know it warps around, thought you die if you go out of bounds like the abyss. I tried staying in one place if it jumps back on me but it jumped far away again. I wouldn’t have killed it even with a scrambler as I couldn’t even get closer than <30km.

This event is turning into a colossal waste of time and I might just go back to my normal activities

1 Like

“Does your reply improve the conversation?” - EvE community guidelines

2 Likes

I figured it out by accident as I was cluelessly cruising around during my first try, because I was not used to Abyss crap. In my second attempt I saw it jumping the moment I came closer than about 40km and remembered …

… I’m done with it. It did run the second in a 60M Vexor with blasters and Bouncers, which worked well DPS-wise, except my tank almost broke when I was fired upon from towers still and the drifter.

2 Likes

It does, it’s genuine advice

2 Likes

Me posting here is ‘trying to get good’ by seeing if anyone has experienced the same thing. I have not pretended to be good in any capacity, I’ve only been playing eve relatively little but in all my PvE experience in normal Abyss, WN event battleships etc I’ve never seen an NPC run from combat outside their optimal range (not kiting) even less so by micro jumps. Heck even CCP think that’s not something that should be happening if they reimbursed my ship loss, I won’t be surprised if I see that fixed in the next patch notes.

1 Like

I found her comment greatly enriched this thread

1 Like

I’ve confirmed this was due to the space warping around and the proper thing to do is to chase the battleship into the boundary. The space being Abyss I really thought it will be similar to normal Abys where being out of bounds you take DMG, so did not expect this.

1 Like

There are opinions and that is definitely one of them.