Events not new player friendly

Returning to original quote:

I cannot tell about “encounters tailored towards rookies”.
But:

• solo play - present
  • group play - definitely possible (and in some case the only way to PVE in there)
  • PvP - present

What is missing?

1 Like

‘various challenges for pilots of all levels of experience’ and ‘a number of different encounters that are tailored toward rookies’

Also, other than the usual always on PvP environment we do everything in, what PvP does this event add?

I get that they want to sell this event but I’m not a fan of false advertising.

The amount of time it took you to open a browser and whine could be better spent opening the Galaxy map and looking for an empty system.

Welcome to the jungle. As advertised, we have fun and games.

Again: what is missing?

First: it added “kill cruiser, get loot” vs “farm frigates for boosters”.
Then: it added “warp in there and make it despawn so another pilot won’t be able to farm it”.
And all-the-time effect: want to farm in peace - move to quieter parts of the cluster. This was always the thing for explorers. Now other players can feel the same.

Might be more.

Still, outside of rookie part i don’t see false advertising.

That is.

Oh you’re using that definition of PvP. The ‘everything is PvP’ definition rather than the version where this event actually adds something that is PvP?

Big difference between the two.

:no_mouth:

we have a 3 month old alpha he is running this sites with no problem
whats the problem …

JuuR

Just to make it clear: your “PvP” is pure ship-to-ship combat? Because if not then i’m totally lost. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, i’m from those whos “PvP” is any competitive activity between players including tanking ship, scouting gates, market games and such.

1 Like

Anyone can run the sites and kill some of the Sleeper frigates. The loot drops from the Drifter cruisers are underwhelming anyway… Barring that, just running L2-L4s will let you accumulate enough bounties to acquire all the event rewards (the challenges contnually reset).

It’s not as bad as the Gurista Hunt where you had to both mine and farm about 75m in bounties every day.

If you are new and only alpha you better team up with someone to do the sites or higher level missions together. Playing solo in EVE takes way more skill than teaming up. Solo with an Alpha account is EVE on hard mode.

1 Like

Some events aren’t friendly to veterans even tho?

Beeing freindly to veterans would get in their way of becoming bitter-vets.

4 Likes

Never stand in the way of such natural evolution, though accelerating the process is always welcome. :slight_smile:

meh, 34th post …

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.