You have no chance

new players or even low skill point players avoid the current event.it looks like eve is using wormhole sleepers as your opponents.if you show up in a tier one cruiser with any build youll be dead in 15 seconds.the first shot will take half your shields and when you try to warp away youll find youre warp scrambled.the only conclusion i can make is that event is designed for players with tens of millions of skill points and tier 2 or 3 ships.heed these wise words.danger will robinson

Is this the ā€˜Marauderā€™ outposts that keep popping up ?

Oh come on, nobody has that many points.

7 Likes

What ship/ fit are you using? If youā€™re a newer player, that may be part of the problem.

N. Kondur
Kybernauts Clade

no they were the events smugglers.there was a dead caldari cruiser in the same spot i was in.while i was in my pod i did watch a tier 3 cruiser handle them

Ah. So those arent sleepers. They are event npcs that are a bit tougher than your mission rats. They dont hit too hard but do have a lot of ewar. While possible in a T1 cruiser, youd need a good fit and decent skills. A T3C can easily solo the sites.

My suggestion for you is either to attempt it with friends, or use a tanky battle cruiser like a Drake or a Cyclone. The neut pressure can be ignored with the right fits and missiles wont need capacitor.

N. Kondur
Kybernaut Clade

lol they dont hit too hard?one ship hit me once for half my shields and there were 4 ships.my armor repairer was able to complete just one cycle.when i say youll be dead in 15 seconds that wasnt hyperbole.thats why i posted so that people like me and the other dead cruiser in the same site know not to attempt this event.its not for low skill players or tier one ships

Thats why im wanting to see your ship and fit. You have a lossmail you can link? Maybe your resists were too low? The reason im assuming its a fitting issue is typically you wouldnt be concerned about your shields in an armor ship. Ive been running them in a Vedmak and my shields are gone quickly too.

N. Kondur
Kybernauts Clade

dont trust him n kondor is a new player grefer and he gonna KILL YOU

2 Likes

I would never grief new players. Stealing the sun from New Player systems? Thats more up my alley. Also hello Princess. Senpai finally noticed me? :heart_eyes:

N. Kondur
Kybernauts Clade

i went back and took a closer look at my kill report.i see why i died so quickly.the event is pitting me in a tier 1 cruiser against 4 tier 2 assault cruisers.tell me now i had a chance or it is a matter of my fitting

1 Like

I cant honestly tell you without seeing your fit. Im going based off of assumptions and you know what they say about assuming. I will venture to say the fitting MAY still be your problem. My earlier suggestion of a Tanky BC still stands though.

N. Kondur
Kybernauts Clade

He said it only happened one time!
and he said he paid for itā€¦
but more importantly!
Aiko joins Kybernauts Clade when?

1 Like

Yepā€¦I think I was dead in less than thatā€¦not sure why you would do that to new players? but there you go

Should i just run a training fleet for the sites? I can do that if its wanted. No grief from me. I may try to steal your shoos though. :sunglasses:

N. Kondur
Kybernauts Clade

1 Like

No worries, CCP got this.

AURA will appear when you start the warp to tell you: ā€œDo you need more PLEX?ā€. And a window with ship offers will popup.

Also your ship will explode in HIGH DETAIL with the new DX11 pipeline CCP will deliver.

I canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

You know, reading the explanation in the Event window helpsā€¦ In the Info for the Smuggler Hideouts you have:

CONCORD recommends the use of Battlecruisers, Heavy Assault Cruisers, Strategic Cruisers or Command Ships to defeat the hostile ships within these sites

So I would recommend to use the recommended ships to which T1 Cruisers are not part of, and if you ask, IĀ“ve seen multiple Drakes taking on those sites, but yes, they are tough, and require you to choose the right targets first. Never let a Triglavian ship spool up completely^^

2 Likes

thats strange because on my screen it says only battlecruisers and smaller are allowed in these sites

Does 254,506,617 sp count? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Different events will be aimed at different types of players. The egg hunt for example, tends to be aimed more at newbros. Others are aimed more at vets, or different areas of space, or even more towards PvPā€™ers. They have been trying to expand on the types of sites/activities events offer. So, maybe theyā€™ll keep expanded. For the time being, however, Iā€™m glad that they mix things up.

1 Like