Evergreen Daily Login Rewards

CCP, honest feedback:

These daily rewards are annoying and frustrating. I wish I could ignore them, but the SP is actually meaningful, so I can’t. But I hate having to cycle through all of my accounts daily to collect them all. Even if I play every day, I might only want to play on one or two of my accounts. Why force me through all of these hoops? I won’t actually play more because of this.

So here are some ways for you to make this better:

1. Make this a once-per-week sort of thing. Log in once, and be able to claim the entire batch, that’s it. Heck, you could even automatically inject them into accounts, as long as the accounts have been used within the past X amount of time.

2. Make the rewards meaningful, but unable to affect normal gameplay. The SP accumulation can and should stay in, but for other things, anything that doesn’t spawn items into the game would be preferred. Maybe add a “reward point” currency to the game, and allow us to selectively shop from a gallery. Temporary SKINs would be a great reward item this way. I am hesitant about combat boosters, but you can definitely explore the concept of “boosts” in general, with such effects as faster training, decreased market taxes, bigger standings gains, etc.

3. Make all rewards “soulbound” to discourage mass farming. I know it’s a scary term, but it’s either this, or rewards can only be aesthetic in nature, which would severely limit their variety.

4. Add a cap to the rewards/reward points to discourage hoarding. This would actually give an incentive for short-term consumption, which might actually encourage people to play more.

Alternatively, just scrap daily rewards entirely. It’s very hard to have something like this that’s functional in a game that’s all about having as many accounts as possible. Maybe just limit rewards to special events, and reward active accounts with a bit of free SP every week.

1 Like

My feedback is why is Richard Nixon all over the launcher now.

2 Likes

I do like that. Maybe completing the log-in skill meter would reset the selection ‘cooldown’ this gallery page faster.

Not Richard Nixon at all. It’s Dickard Trixon, his cousin, who’s secretly been ruling Iceland with an icy, iron fist for the past 3 decades (under an assumed name and a really fake Nordic accent).

That Pulse interview is actually a carefully coded message to his sleeper goons around the world, that this is the time to rise up and take over the world in the name of Icelandish supremacy!

Those worthless rewards you throw away every day contain secret instructions for your downfall. (Assuming you’re not Icelandic, of course.)

Be afraid.

Be very afraid!

1 Like

ONOESSSSSSSSS :anguished:

Well, I like getting free stuff so I don’t mind dealing with the Log-In reward screen.

All my characters have Biology skill trained so the Boosters get used.

I view the 7-day skins right after log-in and then that’s it, basically using them as a preview.

The T1 BPC’s are being used for Invention so in my opinion those are probably the best of the rewards.

1 Like

Most players do not have a mountain of all of the necessary datacores, so invention is not very practical. The players that do have the datacores probably already have all these BPOs.

All I see is a bunch of supposedly older players complaining about the rewards saying they’re worthless.

I simply posted how they can be used, if they don’t want to do it then fine, no need for them to keep complaining about it here.

1 Like

Rabble rabble!!

Thread has 46 unique posters atm. You’re now one of the top posters in the thread with 10 replies. That’s kind of unusual and refreshing; no single person has taken it upon themselves to “win” by constantly replying with ‘how wrong you are.’ I’ve seen a number of unique posts expressing disappointment with the reward scheme, and moving on.

I want to crow about making a funny prediction about how login might evolve though. All we are missing now is some glitzy animations, with these words in a marquee of dancing lights: “Claim these FABULOUS prizes!”

While I am not a fan of the daily click, I did spin positive in support of one poster’s suggestion, which referred to player-centric events in other games. CCP has involved players in exciting world-shaping events in the past, and should do so more often.

3 Likes

OK, so now you wanna crow on me just because I decided to post how to make the lousy rewards useful. I’m not trying to ‘win’ and I don’t remember stating ‘How wrong you are’ to anybody.

But if I did, then so be it.

So now I’ll just continue to post positive aspects of the rewards as long as all the sourpusses continue to post negative aspects.

By the way, 7 of my 11 posts was a response to people like you who directly initiated dialog with me.

2 Likes

Please don’t misunderstand, I am not attacking you! I agree that no one has hammered you with “how wrong you are”, I certainly have not. Its a reference to discussions I’ve seen in the past. I think it’s great that you are helping players find a use for the new daily rewards.

1 Like

No problem, my very first post in this thread was about the negative aspects of the rewards. Also I misunderstood what you posted, I thought you meant that I was the one telling people how wrong they were.

Guess I should have mentioned that these lousy rewards have actually made me log in more than normally, mostly due to checking on the invention jobs I have going.

2 Likes

someone here in the thread said that those boosters clutter up in his inventory … how? for me get they always automaticly used as soon i redeem them. i seen so far no button where you could avoid it to redeem the booster without using it in an instant.

i like the SP on the bottom building up tho. otherwise are the rewards just meh for me xP.

1 Like

After collecting the rewards, if you just leave them in the redeem queue and don’t drag the rewards onto a character before selecting a character to enter the game, the rewards will be in the redeem queue and show as available to redeem on the NeoCom Bar.

If you do that, the in-game redeem queue will have those items available to redeem whenever you want. The in-game redeem queue will show those items for all characters on that account until the items are used.

Now if you redeem the items on the character selection screen by dragging them onto a character, then those items are immediately activated on that specific character.

1 Like

My opinion about the Evergreen Daily login rewards: I don’t like them.

The free SP seems nice, but the other rewards are clogging up my redeeming queue.

I’ve tried once to use the boosters in a fight, but auto-redeeming the booster meant it ran out before my fleet actually got into a fight. The blueprints and skins are even less meaningful. I enjoy using ship skins, but random timed skins just don’t work. I choose to fly ships based on the activity that I plan on doing, not based on the skin I got. If I do have a skin for it, that’s nice, but that means that by the time I use a randomly obtained skin, it’s likely months or years after I applied it. 7 days?

I wonder what the purpose of the login rewards is. If the purpose is to increase login numbers, they work. I’ve logged in every day that I could, then logged off again unless I had some plans in EVE. After all, it would be a waste to not get that free SP. It doesn’t feel fun or rewarding though, it just feels bad when I skip doing it.

My advice: Make the login rewards meaningful or scrap them.

I would prefer not having evergreen daily rewards at all, but if you want to make it more meaningful you could take a look at the login reward systems of other games. Warframe for example has, in addition to some meaningless login rewards, rare and different percentages of plex-equivalent discounts, and unique milestone rewards for logging in a certain amount of days. Those milestone rewards mean that logging in to a meaningless reward still feels good as it is a step closer to the next milestone. Filling the SP meter is technically ‘working towards a milestone’, but such a milestone does not feel meaningful to me when you could get it from the ingame market for ISK.

Just an idea, try ‘a choice between multiple unique untradable permanent ship skins’ as milestone reward. People can only get those skins from the login rewards and can choose the skin they like most and/or for the ship they fly the most. Now that would be meaningful.*

*except for people who don’t like ship skins, but those people are weird.

3 Likes

These boosters and temporary skins are trash. Can we just not?
These aren’t log in rewards. They’re a log in penalty because I have to trash them all and put up with a daily log-in nag window about something I don’t even want.

Just give me the skill points, ditch the rest.

4 Likes

Can we please stop the auto-injection BS???

This is turning into WoW… where professions went extinct because you could only do them for yourself.

Also, Why would I want +armor or +tracking forced on my toon when I might want to fly a Caldari missile-boat??

‘Play your way!.. unless we force you into not playing the way you want…’

Did anyone at CCP graduate high-school or whatever the Icelandic equivalent is, or is that like a Masters over there?? Who is making decisions there? Honestly. Are they just rolling handfuls of word-dice then looking at each other and nodding?

What happened to the ‘player-run economy’? What economy will there be if no items are tradeable? Are bind-on-account loot drops coming soon??

1 Like

They could sell us special keys to unlock better login rewards.

1 Like

:skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

Too on the nose.