Evernus [3.8 release] - the Ultimate Market Tool

no longer see any data after importing it from the market analysis screen

Please create a bug report with your main.log file.

Hi Pete! Thanks for all your hard work on Evernus. I know you said there is a big update coming…any chance there will be added reporting/tracking for PI manufacturing?

Such as a way to mark material buy orders as ‘outgoing’ and PI products/sell orders ‘incoming’? And/or the ability to mark journal/transaction ‘Customs charges’ entries toward the production costs as well?

I know I could export the data and probably create a spreadsheet to massage the data but figure it can’t hurt to ask if that functionality is built-in already.

Thanks!

All of this is actually already planned, but I still have problems finding much time to work on anything. I was hoping to get it released before the last eve update.

1 Like

Hi Pete. You’ve done a great job with Evernus.

I’d like to request a modification, although I appreciate you’ve got no time, so I might try to find a way to do it myself. Anyhoo…

In Preferences -> Prices, price delta can only be set to a static value (such as 0.01ISK). Instead, I would like to use an algorithm to determine best price. Is there any way this could be done?

Ta!

How do you define best price? Now you’re copied price is above (or below) your competitors by delta + random. Do you have some better formula in mind?

As an example I’m thinking something like

MyAsk = LowestAsk - (LowestAsk - MovingAvg) * UserDefinedModifier

This would set an item’s new sell order price to some value between the current lowest sell orders price and the current market average. The higher a user sets UserDefinedModifier (between 0 and 1) the more aggressive the undercut.

Another advantage to this is because Evernus has an idea of a price you’re likely to use, these values can be used to help filter items in Market Analysis because it no longer has to assume you’re seeking highest potential profit.

That seems like a niche use case, but I’ll try to add it. Maybe full custom formulas.

1 Like

This would be fantastic.

Note that there will not be any history data.

I can live with that.

Ok, because your example actually used history data.

Yeah, don’t know why I didn’t consider market average.

Um, is there a viable solution that could include it? Because that piece of data is pretty important

Well I can add it as an option, but it will increase price import time.

Ah yes, ESI and it’s insistence on giving you 18 months of market history when you’d rather just have a day, right?

Smee again.

Evernus is very crashy when attempting to import market data for the market analysis. It used to be ~50% chance but now it does it every time. It does most of the importing, then just turns unresponsive.

It it indeed crashes (because unresponsive might mean some long running operation on the main thread), please create a bug report with generated dump file.

One dump file: https://nofile.io/f/HgN5rnh71Bw/2df906dc-9c4a-4112-9bfe-c3b97a8b67dc.dmp

Will anyone be interested in testing a beta version of the next release? Windows/OSX.

I’d be more than willing to!