Eve's inconsistent "pod pilot" theme

unless you command from the bridge.
thats even ccp footage.

That doesn’t make it pod pilots though. Non pod ships are like 5 or 10 times weaker. I guess if you only fit your ships with civilian weapons or t1. Never train a skill. And repeat any action 5 times verbally before you execute it…
you might replicate the difference in power.

This isnt to say that things like Clear skies showing bridges weren’t awesome fiction. Dont get me wrong on that. But none of us get to just throw lore and in game reality out the window because we dont like a part of it.

1 Like

Don’t forget that we are working with kilometers-wide ranges. I’ve heard that something like 20 kilometers are the maximum distance where pilot can see another aircraft. And this would be a point in the sky.
That’s why eyes are not needed - they won’t help almost always.

Except that is not a capsuleer ship. That is an orbital command ship for planetary assault (Dust514 to be precise). As such it is crewed by baseliners, not capsuleers, so your point, in this case is incorrect.

In addition, I found the reference to how capsuleers “see”: https://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/camera-drones/

Regardless of an individuals opinions, CCP has made it very clear, in the lore, which is canon and therefore unchangeable by any player, how capsuleer ships are piloted, crewed, and operated.

no they shouldnt the ships arent designed for pod users
and the pod in the shuttle goes in the cargo bay thats why it only gets 10m cargo

the ships do have crews just capsuleer ships have far less crew

or their flesh is melted to the space debris that exploded

nah they changed lore all the time in dust 514.

thats the kinda ship i fly, just with amarr banners and its just as good as every other ship.

i know what camera drones are, theyre just cheesy. standing on a bridge is way cooler.

As long as these ships have seat belts.

You realise there are actual people in your ships right? And that you are only flying modified versions of ships flown by normal people

That deathstar egg cracked me up, one for the photo albumen… only yolking.

Within the lore, I don’t think there are too many ships that are specifically designed from the keel solely for capsuleers.
Capsuleers’ ships in EvE are ships that normally have full crews that are retrofitted to be piloted by capsuleers - which reduces the crew complement (maybe to zero on small ships like a shuttle, corvette, or frigate).

Remember, that there still aren’t that many capsuleers compared to the population of New Eden as a whole. They’re just now becoming a target demographic to normal ship builders, and that’s still very much a niche thing.

And if there is a crew, there should be countless bodies floating around after getting destroyed.

This part, though… all my +1’s.

–Classic Designed Gadget

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.