Eve's inconsistent "pod pilot" theme

Just it’s not a metal but a ceramic aka not something you’d use for a ship hull.

Metals barely are transparent, and that’s because of Physics aka The Law.

Capsuleers are only a very-very small fraction of what makes up New Edens fleets and pilots… the majority of every NPC ship you see is manned by a crew, some large, some small; you and other Capsuleers are unique as you can do every function on a ship (that would normally require a crew) instantaneously

Read up, Capsuleers can’t do that. Capsuleers require a crew.

2 Likes

Being in a pod makes a cosmos-traveling pilot’s ship’s modules like an extension of one’s five senses and limbs. It doesn’t make sure that every function needed to operate a spacefaring ship will be taken care of. The tech isn’t there yet. Pod pilots and ships being able to align to points in space, activate modules with a thought (click)-- that’s as far as it goes for modern technology.

The only things a capsuleer doesnt need a crew for, are the modules and such, as well as navigational duties. The capsuleer is capable of operating those things simultaneously, or in tandem with the rather larger ship cores they’d have as a result of not needing a bridge crew. The day to day maintenance and upkeep of the ship? That’s the job of the baseliners that make up your crew.

Who gets me a cup of tea and sweeps the floors?

Also, IIRC, CONCORD specifically filters out civilian ships from capsuleer’s overviews, hence why high sec is not packed with millions of civ ships going to and from work every day. I would assume that any surviving escape pod crews would also fall under this category.

no thanks. i dont use a pod.

my ship still has a fully detailed interior and as captain of the ship i like to walk around and lead my ship by example not sitting in a little egg somewhere.

its why ccp needs to finish walking in station by starting over and add in walking in ship like the original dust514 videos and recent trailers show interior ship combat.

Except you explicitly don’t… I mean sure if writing fiction you can write like that. But from Game lore and mechanics you use the same as everyone else

1 Like

no i dont. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes you do.

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ll have to type a response to this at some point… bookmarking :smile:

1 Like

Just pretend its an escape pod and be done with it.

From game lore you are using outdated jove tech something gifted you have no clue about.
Imo jove don’t need to plunge him self in goo tub to operate a ship or be physically present in one,
I’d rather drink my coffee instead of goo.

Im more intetested to know why my spare clones have to be in a cupboard instead of hanging out

1 Like

Better a cupboard than an extended discussion on existential, ethical and legal issues surrounding branching personalities.

Yes a big orgy would be awesome!

I feel the need to respond to address the “capsuleers don’t need to see” comment.

One of the chronicles or scientific articles (CBA to find link which one; Google it yourself) explains the camera drones used by all capsuleers. In essence, what you, the player, see on your screen, is what you, the capsuleer in your pod, has fed directly into your brain. So, actually, capsuleers do “see” what is around their ship.

In addition, contrary to the standard meme “Eve has sound?” capsuleers actually experience sound while i n their pod. It was discovered that capsuleers experiencing total silence while operating a spacecraft functioned less efficiently than those that experienced simulated sounds.

Just a bit of canon information to inform or stir up further discussion. CCP says it’s so, therefore that’s how it is in the universe in game.

2 Likes

thats just one of the ships escape pods.

when pearl abyss finishes walking in station (and walking in ship)
we can have cocoa in our ships lounge.

mines gonna look like this.