Expedition drop chance

How much did they nerf the chance of the EXP drop? I’ve been ratting every day for a couple of hours after the update and still can’t get a single expedition so far. Is it that bad now or I’m just too unlucky?

2 Likes

The expedition chance from green combat sites is lower. From Cosmic Signature you have better chance to get an expedition.

I get it, what I mean is that before the update I was getting expeditions from those green sites at least sometimes, but now I don’t seem to be able to get any at all. That’s what concerns me.

You can get an expedition from green sites, but I’m not sure about the chance. Looks like the chance is reduced two times. Also, the chance to summon a boss isn’t affected.

I did, for testing, a huge amount of Rogue Drone green sites. They become more greedy - it’s really hard to summon a boss there.

In highesec only the “normal” combat anomalies can escalate, like Dens and Refuges. The “hidden/forgotten/forlorn” ones only get a faction spawn now and then, but never escalate AFAIK.

I’m particularly talking about usual green combat sites in null sec, like heavens and sanctums. Due to this nerf the income from ratting dropped for me significantly. I don’t get why there was so much whining about supers and carriers nerf, but nobody complained about exp drop chance nerf, which actually harms the income WAY more than those 10 or even 30% dps.

Here is an expedition from Sansha Hideaway L1

In the long term, this will not harm your income, as it should allow some rarity and thus value to return to deadspace loot. The market already factored in rises to faction battleship bpcs. Before this patch, I did 20 havens in a row without an escalation, and that was still a pretty normal outcome anyway. There have been examples of runs of 50 without an escalation.

I wrote up a thing in my corporate bulletins a while back to help people find which sites actually escalated to rated DED sites. (with links to corresponding Uniwiki articles). You can use that cheatsheet if you like!

The sites that have Forlorn and whatever else in the names can yield faction rats - I used to keep track of my own luck and the statistics I used to get were like 7% chance of an escalation and about the same for a faction spawn. I don’t recall ever getting an unrated site from those anoms but I’ve gotten those mostly from the combat sigs like Angel Hideout and similar.

Can’t you people read? I perfectly know which sites can escalate and which don’t, what I’m telling is that the chance became significantly lower than it was before. What are all these posts about? Read the topic before you reply ffs. I’m only talking about heavens and sanctums here, I don’t touch any lower rank sites.

We know the chance dropped, that was supposed to happen, and the devs told you it was going to happen.

But even under the old patch it was possible to get extremely long streaks of no escalations.

1 Like

Only read the original post. Hope the escalations were nerfed more than your carrier.

1 Like

Drat! I didn’t record information on escalations but between 20120404 and 20141001, I ran 436 hisec anoms and found an 8% (1 in 12.5) faction rat spawn rate.

3 Likes

That’s a dedication! :trophy:

1 Like

Love it :smiley:

This is geeking out Eve style!!:heart_eyes: