Experience as a new player

I’ve recently started playing this game and after giving it a good run I’ve concluded that gankers are ruining this game and must be removed for it to be playable in any real way. They put new players off of joining then they harass new players who do join. I don’t see any reason to invest in playing over the long term when the only reason for new players to exist is to be prey to existing players.

1 Like

I’ve been playing this game for a long, long time and I’ve had maybe three run-ins with gankers. None in the last eight years of logging in daily.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Weird…

Been playing this game for years. I have been targeted with Ganks maybe 4 times in 10 years. Never successful but yeah. They sure ruined my game.

1 Like

It affects new players a lot more than it affects you. It’s crazy that the developers allow it to continue when it clearly ruins the game.

Griefing is getting absolutely out of control. Why doesn’t CCP do something about it? Bullying is illegal in real life, so CCP is actually breaking the law by allowing/enabling this to happen.

1 Like

I have a feeling that two of the four characters posting in here belong to the same person.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If you’re Kane, I’m killing myself.

It took me like 6 years to get suicide ganked after I started, so.

Did you not know?

According to Dryson I am James 315 as well.

3 Likes

I can confirm there is just 1 person here, using 6 alts to talk amongst themselves.

1 Like

Of course…every old player started out as a new player…and every one of them faced the same things…many much harsher, actually…
sink or swim

EvE is indeed in decline, but it’s not because of that.

2 Likes

From what I’ve observed this is not true as ganking apparently used to be something people did for profit, but now they do just to harass new players. What benefit to a veteran is there for ganking a 5 day old player? None, it’s done out of pure cruelty and it’s things like that which guarantees new players like me will not hand over cash for a subscription.

I’d bet most new players don’t post about it either, they just leave, and that’s why system after system is just empty.

Well, you just gave up the fact that you are not new.

in any event. Ganking for profit is still a thing, ganking for ganking was also a thing 12 years ago. So please don’t pretend. If it was gankable it was ganked, it never needed to be solely for profit.

It just means you never met people like Vrix and many others that would gank stuff just becasue they could in thrashers. Do you really think the people that gank now suddenly invented this game play?

1 Like

I am new, I’ve just been speaking to other players who are equally frustrated by being harassed.

Sad troll attempts from boring alts threads are over in the “Defi Natalie Knotworth Reading” sub-forum.

ISD can hopefully fix it for you shortly.

2 Likes

@Defi_Natalie_NotAnAlt instead of making more alts you should go check it out the game Ashes of Creation, it has a lot of interesting stuff, but the community keeps pushing for rules against ganking.

Go do gank propaganda there, start Safety there in the future, but you will have to help the developers to see why ganking is so important for any MMO and why full loot drop is important.

I don’t have any alts. I play a lot of games and try to give feedback on all of them. Few games manage to deliver such a poor new player experience as EVE has in my opinion.

I’ve been suicide ganked in high sec exactly once… as a newbie I was carrying way too much loot in a T1 hauler.

I responded by flying back to Jita and fitting out a stealth bomber. I then figured out the ganker’s safe spot, exercised my kill right, and got a free tornado kill. A couple of minutes later he returned to the same safe spot while the limited engagement was still active and I got a second free tornado kill.

In this game you gank or are ganked… nobody engages in a fight they think they will lose. Almost all fights are avoidable if you pay attention, and people only engage when they think they have an overwhelming win. The fun bit starts to happen when you convince people they are ganking you while you are in fact ganking them!

5 Likes

I was ganked as a new player. It turned me into a ganker!

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that.