Explosive Velocity - New Update | EVE Online

4 Likes

that CCP does not make these posts anymore?

3 Likes

Not for controversial things. CCP likes to outsource this to players because players should have more agency and more active contribution potential to the game.

The Moros and GrifNI changes are interesting, to say the least.

1 Like

but… but…
no more orbit raven at 500m?

Will bombers be netto nerfed, buffed or keep their stats?

1 Like

It’s interesting.

There’s no need to announce devblogs officially, because they show up on the launcher anyway …
… and players spread them as well.

It’s like … “if you don’t act within your best interest, then how can you blame us?”

There really is no excuse not to actually look at the launcher for a few seconds to stay informed.

I’d totally understand and even cheer it, if they completely stopped announcing them officially …
… and just let it be fully our own decisions if we want to stay up to date on things.

Really, really interesting.

1 Like

Couple things that I tested with the new changes-

Bombers stay basically the same - but apply slightly less to smaller targets (as they should).

Torp Battleships will apply better to smaller targets - as they kept explosion velocity bonus.

Griffin Navy issue…wow. As a gang ship the new bonus is pretty bad. 5 ec-300 drones that jam at the same strength as any other ship but for 10sec total. The drones have a total HP of 120 and a flight of light drones completly destroyed them on the first volley. The Griffin Navy only has 7 drones. I feel a jam strength bonus to ec drones would be more viable. The GNI might serve to be a MEME solo frigate with that bonus, but in my opinion will still be one of the most underused ships in the game. The drone HP reduction is incredably bad as a single smartbomb can destroy them instantly.

1 Like

It’s not about announcing things but about the discussion about the things they want to push into the game. Granted, they don’t even give people time to discuss anything anymore because they announce things when they have set everything in stone already.

Besides, the launcher is really bad to stay informed. Their ads push important cards like this announcement out of view really quickly unless you use full screen. I see 3 cards nowadays thanks to a larger monitor (on my old one I only saw 2 cards): The ad carousel card, the already newest card about EVE Academy and the third is the Explosive Velocity announcement. It will be out of view tomorrow, I guarantee it. CCP already pushed the Patch Notes card far out of view with the Hazard skins ad post. Will say, this launcher is absolutely not a good medium to stay informed. The old launcher was as it listed more than 2 things in a scrollable text list.

2 Likes

What difference does it make, if we talk about things before or after they release them?
They don’t care either way, unless there’s significant backlash happening.

It is funny when it hits with little warning though. Gotta admit.

1 Like

When the Devs posted a forum thread, it implied that they might read it. Having us do it sends a clearer message.

2 Likes

Honesty!
A good thing! :smiley:

:grin:

I’m out of Likes.
Just mentioning it so I don’t forget to Like your post when my stock is refilled.

2 Likes

i see 6 :slight_smile:

like CCP’ gives AF about what happens in these forums anymore.

4 Likes

They just learned that you shouldn’t link the threads to the news, because otherwise you can’t close them if there are too many people getting upset. So the ISDs would always have to clean up afterwards.

So it’s good for the publicity and CCP wallet if they don’t have news linked threads. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I hope they don’t listen too much to official forums, because 90% of here are just cry and whine for anything. If they would listen the posters here, EVE would died 10 years ago.

1 Like

It’s not what we say …
… but what we do.

They listened to the whiners and crybabies of your caliber on Reddit and other channels and look what it got us: Rorquals, structure spam, capital proliferation, literally the entire cluster having to unite against one other group to be able to beat that group. Listening to people like you and other venues sure helped make EVE a better experience than listening to people on the forums giving CCP better advice. :innocent:

1 Like

HAW Phoenix, now with extra lulz

1 Like

I just did a full comparison between TQ and SiSi, the whole range of torp varieties used on stealth bombers, with (my) maxed out skills for sb’s, torps and supporting missile skills. There are some changes, but nothing drastic nor dramatic. After the changes pertaining to sb’s (no implants, no boosters, no missile rigs):

• max velocity of torps is increased slightly, so is the range (nothing of importance, who cares about 61km becoming 64km in a tiny glass cannon)
  • improved damage application via reduced explosion radius (t1/faction/javelin torp would go from 286m to 258m ; a rage torp drops from 493m to 444m making it slightly more interesting against battleships)
  • slightly worse damage application due to decreased explosion velocity (t1/faction/javelin torp drops from 159.75 m/s to 123 m/s ; rage torp drops from 137.25 to 105 m/s). That means the cutoff from full damage happens earlier when target picks up speed.
  • raw damage output (alpha, dps) wasn’t touched
  • stealth bombers lost an entire trait bonus (10% explosion velocity per level of racial frigate skill, partially compensated by torpedo attribute changes), and lost part of the max velocity of torpedoes bonus but this was overcompensated by a torpedo velocity buff.

All in all nothing of real significance, although the worse explosion velocity will most likely require a change in the rigs used. The fact that explosion radius and explosion velocity are both in play in these changes (and counteract) makes it a bit harder to compare. Just web the sucker adequately and all is fine :wink:

*disclaimer: if they changed the DRS or DRF parameters in the equation it’s not visible from within the game *

EDIT: a single t1 small warhead rigor catalyst was present, sry.

3 Likes