Faction Rigs

Dude jump range rigs.

That would be awesommmmmme

explain to me why it would be awesommmmmmme. for ccp to nerf capital jump ranges just to justify a rig?

Being able to increase jump range at the costof tank or whatever would be awesommmmmmme no matter the balancing to jump ranges that had gone into effect.

1 Like

you would just be losing tank to get the same range you had now…

Not necessarily against the idea, but not looking forward to faction rigged t3’s, faction rigged vindi’s in hi-sec, faction rigged marauders with even MORE tank…etc

Marauders will never be balanced in highsec unless/until the ships that prey upon them, carriers and dreadnoughts, are allowed into high.

It’s an exaggeration to say a Paladin has a Fortizar-level active tank, but it’s not a massive exaggeration, and with neutral alts bringing cap injectors only extreme alpha or being outnumbered by 30 or more threatens a marauder in high.

I’m still in favor of the OP’s proposal, as long as care is taken to consider the questions posed by HS marauders. (Ideally the solution is to change the drawback on the active tanking rigs to be ‘Capacitor warfare has a 40% increased effect upon you’, with the ability to halve this through skills).

I understand the jump range nerfs suck. I hate it too. But whether they are nerfed or buffed again i would still like a fitting option to increase jump ranges.

1 Like

Me too. I guess they’d need to have a rather large calibration cost, but it would spice things up in many regards.

In the end it would be all about the specifics for faction rigs. If they did what T2 rigs do, but better, for the same calibration cost, that could be overkill for some types of boni, specifically anything that is already boostable in other ways. I don’t think we’d need faction rigs for even better active tanks. Faction rigs that would combine two boni, but each being lower than respective T1/T2 versions, could offer interesting choices. Like the dual-tanking boni on the Loki, why not give it appropriate rigs? Or think about web/scram range and so on. I mean balance can’t be meant to fix the game into a certain meta, but rather ensure that there are enough options for everyone, while nothing becomes the “obvious way to go”.

So… how do we get CCP to give this a thought? @Steve_Ronuken CSM able to bring this up for discussion?

They would just do the same thing they did with battlecruisers.

They would change all the t1 rigs to expensive faction rigs and then create new nerfed t1 rigs.

I’ll mention it to the balance team. (I wouldn’t expect it soon though)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.