Faction Warfare system needs overhaul

Alternatively redesign the plexes so that defensive plexing at least also requires shooting some rats.

I love a front line idea for FW.

Remove faction standing penalty.

That would be ideas I support for fixing FW.

FW competes for new player attention and the games biggest draws arenā€™t FW but the big null blocs wars, so I kind of think there has to be some sort of reason to also consider FW.

Love what @Gerard_Amatin was saying about how overfished lowsec is too and thatā€™s also a problem as itā€™s a small pond. Not sure what CCP can do about that as itā€™s player created communities that have the current FW ecosystem the way it is.

Arguably, FW had the most invested in it and itā€™s been a flop every time. DUST 514 for example. Maybe groups like Shadow Cartel or whatever lives in lowsec should start newbro FW corps

1 Like

I donā€™t know about that one. Iā€™ve been in FW for years and havenā€™t spent any of my LP.

1 Like

IĀ“m back in Caldari FW since 4 Weeks.
Was out of Eve since 8Years, in this Time we had massive Fun with the Type of PVP in FW.
Last Man Standing in Eha (was our Home staging) and so onā€¦really great Fights , often in Plexes.
The System as itself works, it depends how people use it.
Nowadays it looks a bit empty overall, Plexbots, Fights are rarely.
Maybe PVP Activity come with more presence from willing Fighters,
maybe i should try the Amarr FW, but ill try to be patient for now.
But PVP - especial the small scale PVP like in FW - is the only Reason for me to be here.

2 Likes

Rn the Amarr/Min Warzone is a lot healthier. Granted, there are still tons of bots plexing as well as farmers.

Howā€™s it healthy when one faction is stuck on tier 1 with 10 systems and the other at tier 4 for half a year just because the bots want so, and nothing can be done about it, until they decide to switch sides?

I said healthier. Key word. Itā€™ll flip once the Amarr dudes run out of LP, which isnā€™t going to happen for another six months or so. That being said, yes it is super demoralizing to plex a system for several hours with friends only to wake up the next day with the system being stable because a bunch bots were dplexing it nonstop. Hopefully CCP will one day figure out a way to prevent the Coercer bots from being viable.

Add new plexes for ā€œDefensiveā€ plexing. They contain a rat of the opposing faction. Give them some fancy caption like ā€œCaldari invasion, insurgence, staging, whateverā€.

Same mechanics as offensive plexing instead its defensive.

This should get rid of the bots in the larger plexes. Small and novice will still be a problem, but at least you need to fit SOME sort of dps on a ship now.

I actually came here to post this. I recently got into FW, and itā€™s incredibly difficult to flip a system. One day old accounts risk nothing, would take 24 hour coverage to kill them constantly, there are so many. Their ships arenā€™t even fitted.

Does not seem like itā€™s working as intended.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there are tons of bots that will D-Plex 24/7, making it a rather uphill battle to try to get a system unless you also have people in it 24/7. I agree with you that the Plex system is a little broken but you can almost always have some fun in small gang fights and duo/solo pvp.

1 Like

Happy cake day

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.