UPDATE: We’ve got enough applications now, but I will keep the application form open for another couple of days for the wait list. Any applications received after 11:00 Eve time March 9th, will be put on wait list in case a volunteer has to cancel, or we need more volunteers than we initially planned for.
Thanks so much everyone!
VOLUNTEER AT FANFEST 2018!!
YES, THIS IS A LOT OF WORDS, BUT PLEASE READ EVERYTHING. BE AWARE EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
This year, for the first time, we’re bringing the awesomeness of Eve player volunteers to FanFest 2018! As we know after years of organizing player volunteers for EveVegas and other meetups, volunteering is a TON of fun, a LOT of work, and definitely worth doing!!
Anyone who is coming to FanFest 2018 can apply to volunteer.
As this is the first year for player volunteers at FanFest, we have a small preference for people who have attended FanFest before, as you are better able to answer common questions about FanFest and Iceland. Having never attended FanFest won’t disqualify you, it just means it might be less likely you will be chosen.
We welcome volunteers from all areas of the Eve community, and we aim to select volunteers from a cross-section of the community and all play styles. You don’t need to be a member of any particular alliance, you don’t need any experience in event management, you don’t need to be a PVPer, and you don’t need to pay anyone any isk!
We are planning on selecting 12-15 volunteers, and hope to finalize the volunteer list within two weeks of this announcement. Any applications received after, along with applications not selected, will be put on a waitlist in case someone selected to volunteer cannot make it.
VOLUNTEERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN AIRFARE AND ACCOMMODATIONS
We are in the process of attempting to negotiate limited (about 4 or 5 people) accommodations at a significant discount (tbd), but there is no guarantee we’ll be able to make this happen. At this point in time, continue planning your own accommodations or organize renting a flat with others.
EXPECTATIONS OF VOLUNTEERS:
- Be available and willing to work for at least several days between Monday, April 9th through Sunday, April 15th. As it is difficult to estimate how much total time is expected of each volunteer, it is better to say we expect that each volunteer “work” a meaningful portion of the event. Having said that, it’s probably fair to say most volunteers will “work” about ~20 hours spread out throughout.
- You DO NOT need to be available EVERY day, but the more available you are, the better. We do not expect every volunteer to be available at all times – we understand that international travel, roundtables, alliance meetups, parties, and other obligations may impact your availability.
- Help with setting up before and tearing down after.
- Help with checking in and manning the desk throughout the event.
- Help with running the Eve Store and PVP/demo room throughout FanFest
- Help with running the Avatar Badges fundraiser.
- Keep eyes open as you enjoy the event for any potential problems, and bring them to the attention of appropriate staff.
- Be friendly, helpful, courteous, and willing to assist any attendees and/or CCP staff with anything! This is the most important skill needed, preferably at Level V!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Camera-enabled smartphone or tablet. It needs to be able to connect to WiFi at the Harpa (should not be a problem for anyone), but it DOES NOT need to be able to make a phone call.
- EventBrite app installed (the “organizer” one).
- Discord app installed. Please check the [https://discord.gg/eqEkruW](Eve Event Volunteers Discord) regularly for latest volunteer information.
- A patient, helpful, and friendly attitude!
- Complimentary entry to FanFest 2018. If you have already bought a ticket, you will receive a refund (~$200.00).
- Complimentary pub crawl ticket. If you have already bought a ticket, you will receive a refund (~$85.00).
- The same T-shirts and digital items as paid ticket holders
- Opportunity to meet pretty much EVERYONE
- Lunch during the event days
- Discount on purchases made at the Eve store
- Unparalleled “behind the scenes” access
- Bragging rights!
- Other benefits that you’ll just have to be a volunteer to find out about!
Still interested? Fill out this form asap! http://www.tinyurl.com/FanfestVolunteer