Fantasy : reboot / new server?

So stealth healer with tanking? And why pick one? Again lets the lvl 5 go… let freedom flow through you. Throw off the shackles of i need the best to perform adequately.

I do not fear starting over. They are game characters not me. I would have all the knowledge of the concepts of eve thati have learned. Paltry as that may be… its an advantage in an of itself… (ill still be bad tho lol)

What does that accomplish? Look at the CSM guy who gives out free ships to new players. They aren’t associates. It’s just one guy helping.

When in RvB, we would have free-for-all fights, I used my bowhead alt often so people could get the ships and I could enjoy the fun only main. Yeah my main was an associate of my alt, bit no one else really was.

Sorry, I don’t see your point here. Either that or you have a very limited play style and are not considering the impact this has on others.

You may not… but a big chunk would probably just try a different game. I think many of the old guard are still around largely because they have a connection to what they’ve built in the game.

Your question was how ccp could track alts. If one character was tunneling most of thier assets to another its an alt. The info does not have to be public but it could be tracked to a point. And if it was brutaly enforced it would be a dangerous activity to undertake.

Perhaps perhaps not. I can only speak for me but I can understand their sentiment. Kingdoms rise and fall and cities and civilization are often buildt on the ash and rubble of the previous ones… Maybe the oldguard wont like it. Then its not for them much like eve is not for most… Its only hypothetical but entertaining jaunt to ponder such things,

No it isn’t proof. My friend and I could both like EVE. He could enjoy Trading and I A mission runner. As I would have no trading skills, I could funnel my loot to him to sell in return for him making a small profit off of it. I could also ask him to use his skills to keep my required items (ammo and drones) flowing at a reduced cost. We could be in separate corps so I can eliminate my taxes and he can use all wallet divisions to sort out his operations.

We could have a 3rd space trucker friend who just likes to haul. He is in an NPC corp to avoid decs yet assets transfer freely through us all.

How would that be any different than someone running 3 accounts?

Even if there were a reset or even a brand new server, it wouldn’t be long at all before the very same corps in power now would be right back at the top.

Someone once told me that if the government would confiscate all money and distribute it evenly to everyone then the world would be great! Well…no. Same thing would happen. Those with money now would be right back on top and those without would be right back to the bottom. Why? Because Its what we know. Those who made it to the top before already know how. Infact, it would probably be easier for them the second time around.

If EVE were a brand new game today and players didn’t know how it worked, didn’t know all the ends and outs and game mechanics by heart it might be a different story.

You have established a community well done! With 3 accounts your playing a single player game.

Indeed. I think everyone here would have made some decision differently if they had the knowledge and experience they do now in the past.

But how does CCP tell the difference and punish one with out falsely punishing the other? That is what you want and I’m asking how you expect it to be accomplished. If tracking who traded whom is all it takes, then CCP would have long caught all people involved in RMT. So again, how would you police it so people could not have multiple accounts?

It takes effort and according to some post on the forums 32000 acct were banned last year or so was it? Login patterns area of operation chat logs ect. when i send isk myself i know whats its for. I dont have any other info. Im not an IT security dude those things are what they handle. There would be some kind of paper trail. And the game has to be made from the ground up as it were in such a way to record and automatically flag possible issues. No auto ban that so lame…

I don’t know how CCP does things but I doubt they considered rmt rings when they dreamed the dream that became eve. So had to most likely work backward to deal with things with the data they have.

Mad Max in space

1 Like

@Mr_Lopez

Please dude, just quit trolling and STFU…

you sound like a complete dumb/jack ass

Lol alot of people tell me to shutup. Maybe that advice has some merit.

It’s happened to many other games. Sometimes they don’t even need to make the sequel… just announce it. The exodus from Ultima Online was in large part due to the announcement that Ultima Online 2 was being made. Even though it was never released.

That makes perfect sense really. Why invest time, energy or money into something that is on its way out. And if not obsolete gets back burner attention.

I still play EQ and EQII

–Gadget hangs her head in Shame

No shame in that. Every now and then I pull out Dues-ex get past liberty island and… quit lol.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.