Fastest High Sec Anom Blitzers

I like to run high sec anoms whenever I feel like relaxing, I enjoy getting DED escalations and commanders. I usually run in Gallente space and I find most people respect each other here and usually don’t try to snipe an anom already being run.

However, I’ve recently started running Guristas anoms on an alt in Caldari space and found an overwhelming amount of Jackdaws and Orthrus that will happily steal the anom you are running. Fine, fair play, I’ll just have to come up with a ship that can beat them at their own game.

After some theory crafting, I’ve come up with this Auto-targeting Heavy missile Loki.

[Loki, Anom Blitzer]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Missile Guidance Computer II

Heavy Missile Launcher II
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Loki Core - Dissolution Sequencer
Loki Defensive - Augmented Durability
Loki Offensive - Launcher Efficiency Configuration
Loki Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers

Warrior II x3
Hornet II x5

Scourge Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x10000
Missile Precision Script x3
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x2500

With my skills and implants it does 450 missile dps, 645 combined, applies well to all targets, and aligns and warps like a frigate. The launchers cycle faster than both a Jackdaw and Orthrus and the guns + drones are useful for dens but otherwise completely unneeded.

So far, I have dominated every anom competition I’ve tried with this.

If there are any other great hidden anom blitzers, I would love to see them.

2 rigors are useless, use a bay thruster instead(the one with missile speed).
IIRC 1 rigor T2 +4 GC with precision script is enough to have 100% heavy application on HS anoms. I think implants can make it better ? Or drugs ? can’t remember. (I know drugs can)

Your goal is to kill enemies the faster.
once per cycle, a group of launchers spawns a group of missiles that goes at fixed speed towards its target.
The delay between the cycle start and the missiles hitting their target, assuming the speed of the target is neglectible (it is), is therefore distance/missile_speed.
IF your group of missiles is enough to one shot your target, AND your next cycle happens before that delay, then it is likely you will waste shots.
If you have too many missiles in the same group, you will overshot the small targets. So basically you want to have just enough launchers per group to one shot the smallest foe, typically two launchers, and cycle your launchers with high enough delay to ensure the target is hit before the next cycle.

Also, if you want advice, look up the nighthawk. Similar fit. except it has bonus to precision, so only need 2 GC to be 100% application.
can even use hyperspatial rig and nanofiber low to switch anoms faster. bay thruster still better.

Even with 2 rigors and 3 guidance computers, the Loki still doesn’t have perfect application against frigs, destroyers sure, but not frigs.

Still, considering stacking penalties, the second rigor probably isn’t providing much extra benefit and a bay thruster may indeed be better. The reason I didn’t use a bay thruster is that most rats in refuges and dens spawn fairly close to the warp-in and extra missile velocity just isn’t needed. Only hideaways (and burrows which aren’t worth doing) have rats that spawn at distance.

When using Auto-targeting missiles in high sec anoms, you don’t want your missiles grouped at all. It is faster and more efficient to fire all missiles individually, slightly staggered so that there is a non stop stream of missile fire.

There is no need to target anything in refuges, simply warp in, activate the missiles, watch everything get obliterated. For dens, I release drones and target the batteries + cruisers and use the guns on them just to speed things up slightly.

I did consider the Nighthawk, but it is just so big and fat that it will lose time overall aligning and warping between sites, even with nanos and hyperspatials. The Loki is just plain faster. Considerably so.

Actually, you’re right, the sig radius should be 60m which is too big for the frigates 40 ish m

your fit has 8500 missile m/s with a 2.9 second/cycle (say 3).
if you split your launchers evenly it means each missile is 0.6 s from the next so any target below 5.2 km will have one missile wasted ; a target at 10.4 will have 2 ; etc.

if you split in 2, you will lose a group when the target is 12.7km away and the finishing group (assuming you need more than one salvo) will lose 0.5 if it was a 2-missile one, 1 if it was a 3-missile one, so on average 1×3/5 + 0.5×2/5 = 4/5 = 0.8 missile per target (again, assuming you don’t one shot it) ( 3-shots missiles is more likely to end a target than 2- shot, hence the 3/5 and 2/5 multipliers)

so if the target is below 5.2 km it’s better to have your launchers ungrouped and cycled perfectly
if the target is between 5.2km and 12.7 it’s better to have two groups, which incidentally are easier to cycle
Since it’s not possible to perfectly cycle your launchers, and very unlikely all your targets will spawn in a 5.2km area (there are several spawn areas) I think it’s more interesting to use two groups.

You can align before the site is done.

What you lose warping, you gain on site time.
with 2 rigors, 2GC the NH has 530DPS, 44m missile sig, 7s align, 4AU/s => 530×40/44 = 480 applied DPS to frigates
your fit has 440DPS, 58m missile radius, 4s align, 5AU/s => 303 applied DSP to frigates
Also loki has 27k EHP while NH has 50k ; NH fitted is 600M while loki is 1B.

If you are actually competing with other people, then the NH would be a better challenger, especially in guristas space.

auto-target missiles require your target to lock you first . many npc will take many seconds to lock you , rendering the AT missile fit useless , except for afk play .
T3 cruisers can’t enter hi-sec 3,4/10 anyway .
well-fit and piloted orthrus is nearly unbeatable for this use case . the hyper-velocity missiles are treated like guns and deal instant damage .
as for “stealing” someone’s site , it’s up to you , but know that many multi-boxers will park alts in plexes , while running another .
fly safe o7

That is wrong.

They require a rat of that faction to have aggressed you or be aggressed by you before, like in the last 10 min.
You can literally cycle your groups non stop till the site is done the moment you land, if you aggroed a rat before or if you use a gun on a rat. or a painter, or a neut for example on a NH since it has two spare highs,

Basically what stefnia Freir said. As long as you have an NPC logoff timer and have not left the system or docked up, auto-targeting missiles can be activated immediately without locking a target.

Batteries in dens and refuges will aggro near instantly, so it doesn’t take long at all after entering your first site before you can begin firing missiles.

This fit and thread is about running anoms not DED sites so that point is mute anyway. Any DED escalations acquired are private and can be completed at your leisure in another ship.

I had people join me (after scanning me) in my ded sites.
could not steal the loot but it’s definitely something they can do.

I’m well aware they can combat probe you in escalation sites, but it is not common and they can’t find the sites if your not in them, thus my point that they can be completed at your leisure. (Within 24 hrs of course)

My point being, they are not private.