Feature request: option MTU to collect only nonempty wrecks

Nope. Just the stupid ones.

Deep breaths champ.

People who disagree with you. They are a thing.

if you really think this is a qol improvement, post it thereā€¦ quit dragging General discussion through the mud.

is it really that much a difference you canā€™t take a T2 tractor, or get someone to come help if youā€™re able to bring more than 1???

Itā€™s a pvp sandbox where everyone competes on the market.

Easier = safer = more profitable = competitive advantage.

Eve has gone through a period of making things ā€˜easierā€™ and itā€™s had detrimental effects on risk/reward.

Read the linked thread.

How can it be only a quality of life improvement if you can get rewards easier, faster, safer?

3 Likes

Ill agree to this if all wrecks autoblue.

Sound fair?

4 Likes

@ISD, @ISD_Sakimura, @ISD_Bubblemoon

Can we get this added to [Modified] Please make (empty) wrecks in Abyssal space destroyable which is same topic and is also conveniently located in the correct forum?

Thanks

1 Like

I like turning my wrecks blue while mining when there are two or more MTUā€™s on-grid from different players and watch the MTUā€™s fight over a wreck. Good timesā€¦

2 Likes

Because this game has an economy that is not a joke, like others, and easy is the enemy of the economy.

Lrn2Sandbox

1 Like

No, ā– ā– ā– ā–  off.

4 Likes

ā– ā– ā– ā–  you self off.
And Iā€™m gonna post this everywhere I see your mental thingy.
Imgur

@ Jakques DeMolay this can be abused, not a good idea

The reason for this, is to prevent people from putting down 3, 4 MTUs in close proximity and collecting loot faster. When you try to put down more than 1 MTU next to each other, they play a game of tossing the same empty wreck back and forth.

I wouldnt be against a special mtu that costs like 100 times more and with slower tractor beams and much larger m3, but only selects full wrecks. But yeah, it would have to be atleast 1 billion isk to make with the same mechanic of anyone in hisec can shoot it.

1 Like

No, you ā– ā– ā– ā–  off.

Iā€™m gonna post this everytime I see you respond to Nicolai. Iā€™m a big fan of his and he has a very good, very straight to the point, no nonsense post.

5 Likes

Very good. With this I only achieve the desired result much faster. It will inevitably come down to a warning or ban on expression.

As I wrote, I have nothing against him, but against his mode of expression. If a thread is pointless, you can simply ignore it. Inappropriate language doesnā€™t belong there and thatā€™s what I fight against from now on.

Which can easily be fixed by using 5 salvage drone on auto salvage. as soon as your wrecks are above 30 km (IIRC) the drones will savage faster than your 3 MTU will bring wrecks.

OP
bad idea
risk vs reward
you have to choose if you wanna spend 30 sec to burn to a (non-empty) wreck or leave it unlooted and take the gate to the next pocket
Sorry, but posters above are right: it means making abyssal sites easier since it will give you more time to complete the site, it is not only a question of qol.
We already got plenty of threads to make the game easier: ā€œallow us to find and warp to relic sites without the need to scan themā€, ā€œmake moonbelts only minable by the owner of the athanorā€, ā€œmake new players unkillable in hi-sec for 30 daysā€, ā€œmake warp instantanous, i donā€™t like spending time on travelingā€ ā€¦ now ā€œmake MTU able to collect only nonempty wrecksā€ goes the same (wrong) way.
And as already said in the linked post above, it would change other aspects in the game (ratting etc), not only your own small sandcastle.
Tldr: no

1 Like

Apparently the OP is running abyssal sites, and this is the reason why he wants MTUs to pick up only filled wrecks, so he probably will not be salvaging anything.

Then I donā€™t think he has the 300mĀ³ available to carry 3 MTUs.

I was saying, that your explanation of the current mechanism in order to prevent a specific usage does not hold, since that specific usage is still available.

There are methods around that, sure, but for the most part, most people wont go to that length of effort, which is why we get people liek OP trying to get a better MTU.

ā€œBc words hurt my feefeesā€

Lmao.

2 Likes

it takes literally more effort to move the MTUs 5km than to set your drones on auto salvage.