Feature request: option MTU to collect only nonempty wrecks

Most people would use their own drones while fighting, then switch to salvage, especially if you are in a large ship and have to deal with frigs.

I removed an off-topic conversation from this thread.

Of course it only makes sense for a ship that can remain still (raven, marauder). But most of the time the figs are easy to handle, especially when the rats take their time slowboating to you.

It still is true if you can eg drop several MTU with your noctis.

Well then why donā€™t you just ā– ā– ā– ā–  off?

1 Like

@Jakques_DeMolay

pleas move it to:
https://forums.eveonline.com/c/technology-research/player-features-ideas

JuuR

@ISD_Bubblemoon

I love your name. <3

Thank you.

1 Like

The mods think differently so it must be you who is wrong, not I.

2 Likes

lol, translation: HOW THE FK CAN I MIN MAX IF I DONT PUT WEAPONS IN ALL MY SLOTS

What a clown.

3 Likes

The latest care bear fad is that if it can be billed as a QoL improvement it can be changed without feedback.

Youā€™d be amazed at how many of these ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  requests end up in the QoL thread.

1 Like

I have seen him post your new meme on other threads - it actually seems more like an homage, not a criticism. Congratulations, Nicolai, you have a loyal follower that will help you monitor the forums.

1 Like

I know, Iā€™m so jealous, he has a groupie and I donā€™t :anger:

having many MTUs not practical as it will take too much cargo space, Youā€™d need to come back on an Indy to collect it, yet again for abyss not doable, and this is mostly benefiting abyss as the time is very precious there

No, this is for you to be lazy. Thereā€™s a trade off in the Abyss. Do you want to risk running out of time or skipping the can? Risk vs Reward.

I donā€™t see any reason this would be implemented other than you not wanting to participate in that risk, but still greedily want the reward.

Majority of users here are mostly concerned that some one would get a sudden benefit without them participating in it, rather than improving overall game experience.

Worst thing that could happen if it makes some oneā€™s life easier, and not theirs.
Very noble stance :slight_smile:

If thatā€™s how CCP would be developing EVE then not a single update would ever go through.

I mean, Iā€™m operation on the assumption that this is a trash idea that CCP is not going to implement.
And Iā€™m not seeing any real compelling reason for this to exist.

To be fair, CCP did introduce the MTU. It was a terrible idea then. It would be a bad idea to improve it, but it would be consistent with CCPā€™s choices thus far.

MTUā€™s would be much better if they started on the furthest out wrecks 1st then moved to the closer ones.

Have you ever tried considering that thereā€™s a good reason why MTUs are not only collecting wrecks which contain loot? Have you at least tried? People who donā€™t try to understand the reasoning behind a design decision tend to only see what they want to see: ā€œI donā€™t like it, therefore itā€™s bad and needs to be changedā€.

Usually everything they implement has some sort of downside. The MTU collecting empty wrecks is one of those downsides. They make it way too easy gathering loot, therefore income, and the empty wrecks are to make sure youā€™re not just getting what you want, pretty much because you shouldnā€™t. Thatā€™s where you, the player, can step in and help himself by, for example, destroying empty wrecks. This is, still, a game mostly centered around acting self responsibly and helping yourself.

Have you TRIED understanding the reasoning behind this design decision? In your initial post I can see none of that.

I posted this in the other EXACTLY THE SAME POST (OP, seriously do some forum searching before you post exactly the same thing that is already in discussion)ā€¦

Nothing in game should be able to be Automated as well as a player could do it themselves. It only encourages automated play. There should be a benefit to manually doing something.

You want to automate your tractoring of wrecks, then you have to have it done at a slightly below average efficiency.

Now, as mentioned in the other thread, a better solution would be to make wrecks destroy able in anomalies, like they are in the entire rest of the game. This means the player can pop empty wrecks and help the MTU gather the loot quicker.
BINGO: actual player interaction has improved the efficiency of an automated process!