February 2019 Release - Known Issues

Tasks in Gala event are not respawning. Pls fix that. Tasks just remain gray after completition.

1 Like

The reprocessing rate is ‘everything you have’ for 1. So each bunch of ore has to be split into bundles of 1000 and each reprocessed on it’s own for 1 individually if you want to get more than 1 from a whole load of ore. It is tedious having to reprocess each 1000 separately, and it is 1000:1 not 1000:2 as stated elsewhere. Surely this is broken.

It seems a lot of effort to create Paradise Club structures and then only give each player one golden ticket. The description ‘Guardian’s Gala Surprise Gifts featuring exclusive rewards’ is a bit overstated. Shouldn’t it be ‘A one -time Guardian’s Gala Gift featuring AN exclusive reward’. Is it intentional there is only one each, or is the mechanism to drop them broken?

2 Likes

Tickets drop from random NPC’s in the site. Check all the wrecks.

1 Like

There is a new graphical issue that started after the February Update patch. The Neocom menu becomes really bright and the colours are very out of touch after logging into the game. The issue persists until any Neocom button is pressed, or any window is opened through a shortcut. The issue is only on Neocom buttons.

Below is a picture - left side is the colour scheme after logging in, right side is the correct colour scheme after opening any window (inventory for example). The colour scheme just reverts itself to the correct one. No screen flashing or any other indication.

thats the pronblem Eve and your computer will keep adjusting in that mode ,find a level your happy with and doesnt slow down you cpu to much and keep it at that level,otherwise when u undock or warp into a graphics full enviroment eve will change settings

Gala quests updating is broken.
When I start EVE in 15:00 server time, there was “clear 1 site”, “kill 60 npc”, “kill capsuleer/12 hours”, “kill capsuleer/12 hours”.
I completed first two, and now there is only a blank space instead of new quests.

4 Likes

Pls fix grayed out quests. It is enough that the event is crap with nonsense ore reprocess rate so there is no need for gray quests to make event even bigger crap. Thx!

2 Likes

Btw, thanks for screwing over anyone who had more than one inventory window open at a time. Can we at least get the window states to remember when an inventory window was open between dock/undock, which why that was killed I cannot fathom? Nuking the inventory buttons on the NeoComm is already senseless, removing inventory window save states too is just below the belt.

1 Like

o7
Please send us a bug report from the in game F12 menu next time you see this occur :slight_smile:

Just did, thank you. :slight_smile: o7

1 Like

Objectives are resetting correctly for me. Looks like meat’s back on the menu, boys!

Edit: Also, looks like inventory windows are actually saving their open states again. Thank you, CCP!

1 Like

Dear Devs,

The Agency tasks for the Gala don’t seem to reset and instead give a grey bar with no new task. I noticed that quitting the game AND the launcher and then restarting everything again does spawn new tasks. This, however, is not ideal of course.

Another thing I noticed today is that often the Boss enemies in the normal Gala sites don’t carry any loot whatsoever, but some of the regular enemies do. So sometimes you’re fighting over who’s got the last hit on the Boss and it can be a real disappointment when nothing’s in there (win or lose).

A third thing would be that the respawn late is quite low. I’ve been travelling through over 10 systems without finding a site and then I find three in one dead-end system. It would be nice to up the respawn time of the sites a bit to counter this.

Greetings,

• Dahlia
2 Likes

Try clearing cache? My objectives are resetting consistently and repetitively since this morning. Haven’t seen a blank objective since so far. The respawn issue is admittedly scattered for me too. I suspect the good loot is all intentionally locked away in the gambling mechanic, save for one of the items needed for just that system. Other than that and a few lore items I’ve seen or fireworks, nadda. Honestly even awarding bounties for the NPC kills would have been preferable to all the extra steps people have to do to get anything of value from running these. Frame rate seems finicky, too. Reloading produces a noticeably deep frame drop as are occasional dips from the random fireworks shooting off the Upwell structure. Inventory was doing that back in January. Odd.

My tasks are still not working, still have them greyed out. Tried deleting cache in game but again, not working. Pls CCP, fix this. I also reported a bug via F12 in-game.

2 Likes

Well, somehow objectives are bugged again. How did you guys fix a bug only for it to unfix itself a day later?

Also been noticing that the NeoComm seems to ignore some clicks. No mouse issues outside of Eve, but clicking on the NeoComm sometimes does not result in responding. Just Fyi in case it’s just me.

@CCP Habakuk
As you are the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst i thought i’d tag you on this post.

Guardians Gala. When objectives are completed, they are not re spawning in the Agency. Currently i only have one objective in the Agency Tab. This issues has been going on since yesterday. Despite several re-logs they are not appearing in the Agency tab.

This event is the worst i have ever seen in terms of stability and implementation.

I hear there are some players who have limited time to play eve and have zero chance of completing this event given the issues i have mentioned, myself included. It is a kick in the teeth when you announce an event, give it a time limitation but due to bugs are enable to engage with the event itself.

Also, the timer on the one live objective is suck on 0s and has been for some time.

Update: After many relogs, the objectives reappeared. This issue seen in the screenshot above where the time is stuck at Zero is reminiscent of the bug where the when an attribute booster expires its timer is stuck at zero and you need to re-log to consume another booster.

3 Likes

I put this in the general feedback area, thinking it was the right place. Perhaps not.

Putting aside the problems in poor spawn rates in some areas and issues with UI/challenges reseting, once we get the +10 accelerator bpc crate, it will require 350x Chromodynamic Tricarboxyls to make all 5. At current prices (~1,800,000) that would be a whopping 630,000,000 isk to buy, and I remain completely unconvinced that this is even a moderatley achievable task for any rookie, or solo casual player to even hope to obtain through mining the meagre quantity available in the site.

I am aghast, and must report the only words that come to mind are “■■■■ that”.

3 Likes

What is going on with the Gala quest tasks not updating and refreshing? I know I submitted a ticket about it on my other account, yet when I looked to follow up the ticket was not there. Any chance that there will be some kind of an update to correct the issues with this event?

I really feel like I’ve been wasting my time on the event. The Paradise Club is a massively worthless ISK sink and the rewards are not worth it. The fact that the rats in the sites have no bounties means I’m just blowing ISK on ammo. I mean, hell, I took down one of the VIP sites and the loot was a webbing implant, which wasn’t bad, but considering the fight that rat put up I feel that the payout could have been a bit more. Or in other words, I took down a freaking rat CARRIER in High Sec with a couple of Battleships and a Battlecruiser and we only got an 80M ISK implant out of it. The risk level is far above that of the rewards here.

And speaking about the risk level, what is the deal with the spawns in those sites? The insane amount of webbing frigates requires a higher skill point and ISK entry just to be able to fly the ships that can survive in those sites. IDK, maybe it’s just me, but it doesn’t seem very fair to newer players who can’t afford the ships needed to succeed there. This event is seriously off the mark, CCP.

3 Likes

Since downtime I haven’t had any greyed out quests. … hmmm Anyone confirm their situation?

Update. 5 Hours later. Still objectives updating. Looks like that issue is resolved.

No it isn’t. Just wait for a task to run out at 0 seconds and you’ll have the same nice problem again.