Federation Grand Prix - Event Feedback

1. The timer can start at random intervals of x seconds. Its available for all people at all times. Not just “my time”.

2. Start system can be changed for each consecutive race to reduce server load. Or The engagement timer can start after x jumps. There are work arounds.

3. Are you saying that if an event is to enjoyable, then too many people will take part making it cause problems?
    And by inference the solution is to make crap events so that not many people take part and thus have no tidi?

4. Any race sub warp course doesnt have to be in the same system, im saying make them a part of a race. If its in different systems then no single system overloaded.

Seems like you want to create problems that are easily avoidable with intelligent implementation.

The event i described may still be an evefail but much less so than the current event. It is a waste of time and poorly thought out and implemented. Where or how the timer starts doesnt address the underlying problem with the event, that its boring.

Why am I not getting the rewards crates?

I am enjoying this event and started out pod killing people as fast as I could. I have killed over 1000 pilots since the event has begun. Why is that not fast enough? I can get about 6 per minute on a good day.

My friend told me you have to get 100 pods to get the rewards crate and I have over 1000. Where’s the crate?

Keith

1 Like

Sorry - you have to do it without losing any ships…

1 Like
  1. The race should have a pop up message stating ‘Click Yes To Start Race’ with the system destination linked in it so players will know the exact destination and can set up an appropriate route.

2. The race should be handled like a Rally in which players and their ships ‘Check In’ at each location (automatically done via Agency) before proceeding on to the next location.

3. The race against the clock to gain points is fine, that allows everyone an opportunity to collect rewards. The Agency could have a leader board of sorts, such as ‘High Score’ but I don’t see any purpose for it other than bragging rights.

4. No need to add NPC’s, there were plenty of players camping the race waiting to attack racers.

1 Like

They’d like to - let’s hope event designers get approval to develop this feature.

And they do it without any extra incentive! NPC’s were waiting at some of the beacons, participants used them as another method of getting out of their shuttles.

Thank goodness. I could not drag myself through this beyond 75 pts … no extended accelerators for me. I get tired of the monotony of NPC shooting events, same site repeated ad nauseum - but this is a worse monotony. Exploring EVE, seeing places you have never been - sounds good on paper, but the concept is at war with the “race” element.

1 Like

When I first started the race on the 16th, my original goal was to gain 15 points per day which would have allowed me plenty of time to easily complete the race. After I started it, I realized I wouldn’t be able to take full advantage of using all the Accelerator’s gained from the rewards so I just knuckled down and completed it asap without getting burned out. As such I did it within 3 days and never once did the self-destruct return trip.

As for the NPC’s and race campers, I’d warp cloaked to a celestial first and then warp in at range to both the starting and finish points for each phase of the race.

Extra info:
Years ago CCP had a large scale sight-seeing ‘Tourist’ event called the Sanctuary Image Contest. That event was split up into 3 Groups with multiple objectives in each Group. Players had 1 week to complete each Group and screen shots with the Sanctuary chat channel open at each location was submitted for proof of completion.

Sanctuary Image Contest - Group 1
Sanctuary Image Contest - Group 2
Sanctuary Image Contest - Group 3

That event consisted of a lot more jumps than this one had and there were plenty of campers and or NPC’s at various Landmark locations making it a challenge for event runners to complete it. Back then it was a lot more work for CCP to host events which didn’t happen very often. Granted there’s room for improvement but I think overall the Agency does a good job and allows CCP to offer us more events to run.

1 Like

I am playing for the ISK, but cannot figure out how to claim the prizes?

1 Like

Klick the “E” in the top left corner of the neocom and select “Redeem Items” or use the shortcut “Alt+R”.
You must be docked to redeem things from the redeeming-system.
I would recommend to do this in a trade-hub to be albe to sell right away without risking it during hauling.

1 Like

I thought that this was a great event. Difficulty wise it seemed just perfect.

If I had more skills and experience I think it would have gotten boring quickly. With more in-game experience, I think that having more destinations (maybe 50 or so) and only getting each one once would be better.

1 Like

The event was a great boon to those who manufacture shuttles, as the “EVE hack” way to get it done fast seemed to be to set ones death clone at the start line, fly a shuttle out to the destination, get credit, self-destruct, grab another shuttle, and start over again.

The event was a bit tedious, and only the run through Syndicate made for much danger. But I suppose it is too much to ask that a run to Thera be on the list. You can’t fit a probe launcher on a shuttle after all.

3 Likes

I feel you, brother, I feel you. Just low IQ gatehopping, casual bouncing…

@CCP I wasted my time with this game long enough, can’t even consume all the accelerators until they magically expire into thin air. This arbitrary crap is annoying :grin: goodbye :slightly_smiling_face:

Obligatory, can I have your stuff?

1 Like

Yeah, CCP includes way too many accelerators as loot rewards for the events, basically floods the market and devalues the item.

Hell, I used one character on one account to do the Event and I ended up with more than enough accelerators for each main character on both of my accounts, plus I gave a dozen accelerators to a friend who also has a couple of accounts.

In fact right towards the end of the accelerators expiration timer, I did a quick sell of about 1/2 dozen accelerators due to my characters having trained up the Biology skill.

Amazing. A well thought out EVE universe mini game. There is only so much DPS you can throw at an idea. And this turned that on it’s head. A game that involves no DPS, at least for the participants - if you know what i mean.

And also that is a good point, this still allowed a wide spectrum of EVE to participate in the content even if they did not join the event.

Not only did the event instill good piloting, it also solidified the community. Gankers got closer and so did the racing community. Their was an amazing chat channel RMS EVENT that was amazing. Thanks to them I got blown up less.

Things you should have learnt from this;
-don’t auto pilot
-don’t always warp to 0
-you can go into low sec
-how to set a home station, and pod yourself back
-how economics work (shuttle prices - supply and demand)
-how to have fun without a gun

• and many more.
  • you can;t please everyone, and if you are, you are doing it wrong.

I am looking forward to hating the next event, and then loving the one after that.

PS. Sort out the WarDec stuff, please

2 Likes

The idea was great, the gameplay wasn’t really.

Did it for the rewards but have stopped at 77%, being fed up with the whole process.

Would have liked more challenge. Longer routes, routes that involve probing (like getting in Thera). Ofc the rewards need to scale. Getting back to luminaire was a pain in the ass, as i didn’t want to do the shuttle trick just to experience the true event as it was intended.

1 Like

In any other game the selfdestruct option might have been seen as an exploit, in EVE players only used the mechanics to save time. Not that I used it for all the routes - it seemed like a waste of a good shuttle to blow it up for only five HS jumps, for example. :wink:

Players did also learn some things, as mentioned. One thing I learned was how to look at the routes offered. Picking the shortest option for a couple places would have you jump through lowsec (where I was exploded by smartbombing jokers a few times) but it wasn’t always necessary to beat the timer. A couple times even saw me reroute on the move.

2 Likes

Leaving EVE firesale. o.0

I liked the event and would do it again.

It took me about 8 hours to get to 100 points. If possible would I have liked to see that one doesn’t simply get a fixed number of points, but that the remaining time gets taken into account, too, somehow. This way the choice of ship, the fitting as well as the route (shorter vs. saver) would have had a more significant effect on the time it needed to get to 100 points.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.