Feedback - Lets get real. Nullsec botting is of epic proportions

https://zkillboard.com/group/420/
https://zkillboard.com/group/420/solo/

As you can see all drone destroyers are bottom half of the destroyer toplist (together with Corax :frowning: ). Iā€™d not consider an one-time/ yearly event to be reason to nerf drones because of that.

Itā€™s possible to make a bot that targets things in overview (they already warp to anoms/ bookmarks, look for neutrals in local, can deploy and retract drones etc.) so removing auto-aggro would inconvenience botters for a week while inconveniencing actual players forever (one more button to press in drone/ mixed dmg boats).

Pretty sure I killed a bot rattlesnake in 2019 which had cruise launchers fittedā€¦ if he was indeed a bot (was behaving exactly like one (warping to pos the second a neut entered local, and going back to krabing the second neut left- not configured a delay I guess, didnā€™t try to kill the tackler once he landed in bubbleā€¦), if thatā€™s true then bots can already target stuff and use regular weaponsā€¦

Yep, ban waves or bust is the solution.

Of course there is no dark conspiracy on the part of CCPs, and Kim Dae-il is not Dart Siddious either.
Sadly.
For a conspiracy you need an idea or concept and a MasterMind who threads the whole thing.
This here we donā€™t have , definitly!
What has happened here in the last few years can be explained as a common mixture of ignorance (a), disinterest (b) and incompetence Ā©.

a) PA is completely happy when the server is full, regardless of whether it is 50% bots (see Black Desert or similar).
b) Updates and innovations have been brought into play for years.
Great, but these expansions will not be completed, after years ! (Citadellen)
c) The revision of the chat system has clearly shown that CCP does not master its own code, or has obviously spared out the documentation while creating the software.

A few examples more ?

Any use for the Widow ?
Does it make sense to use ECM or combat modules on Citadel?
Daily LogIn presents for Alpha-Clones that they can not use?
Change and Reset the Project Discovery ?
Any use for Combat Ceptors ?

And my personal favorite of ignorance , disinterest and incompetence

Just my 2 won

Regards YP

1 Like

Some do that anyway - it is kinda like Ratting in NullSec with Roaming Tryhards 101

Using the ā€˜warpout when a neut enters localā€™ as criteria for a bot covers so many ratters and miners it is ridiculous.

Personally I think multiboxing 10 ships all with names that are one letter different than each other is much more of a problem. But no one will talk about that -

Iā€™ve seen this.

Needlejack into system > ton of wrecks and a couple of Gilas on d-scan > then there is 8 of them and they all are landing on the same station. And when you are reaching for the local window to check out the toons, they all start logging offā€¦

Like a bunch of roaches. And you see this over and over again. Makes me sick.

They arenā€™t even hiding sometimes. Just check out this corpā€™s name for example: https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98649481/

• About the solution presented: drone autoaggro is an advanced and quite used PvP mechanic. Full stop, innit?..

For example, you predict when jam drones are about to go on you and pull out your combat ones just before. There are a bunch of other examples, no need to list them all though.

And, before trying to continue on this and similar lines of thoughtā€¦ There are exploration bots out there, you know? Unless you put a hard captcha on every bottable PvE rewardā€¦ Well even doing that will only limit the problem. Might have to be done though.

Only way I see to be (very) remotely feasible is to make each anomaly into freaking literall random labyrinth by collidables, so you have to Q-align or keyboard navigate yourself through. This will make both people and bots stop farming them, problem solvedā€¦ /s

One thing Iā€™m certain ofā€¦ CCP should be stricter to botters and all who profit from it. Likeā€¦ Chineese government strict. Hands should be cut. Toons - banned. Alliances - disbanded. You sometimes gotta amputate rotting parts for the whole to survive. Iā€™ve saw bots in every single alliance worth mentioning though (or in their space at least)ā€¦

You can literally just google this

I know. I am a bit into machine learning and AIs. THats why I saidā€¦

Yet there are bots out there which are so braindead they accept fleet invitesā€¦ Captchas?.. Maybe you see the point.

Iā€™ve never seen bots accept fleet invites. The ones Iā€™ve hunted all have invites disabled so you canā€™t even start a convo, let alone a fleet invite. What makes you think bots are set up to just click dialog boxes and Accept fleet invites?

Can go looking for more. Existence of dumb bots like this one is a pretty common knowledge.

If you make ā– ā– ā– ā–  up, then sure.

Oh, but it is a pretty common knowledge. As is the fact that increasing difficulty of something does decrease amount of people doing something.

Would not play the game full of literall captchas. On the other hand, Iā€™m pretty sure that I am able to make a bot even with using AHK only in a couple of days, given the current state of thingsā€¦

Everyone talks about the NS bots but the looter bots that log into niarja and try to loot in NS for 2 days before the bot owner fixed it can stay for 12 ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  years.

yeah I see a single captcha ingame Iā€™m biomassing and going fishing.

1 Like

NO.

Nobody is banned on the report alone, CCP investigates the activities of players reported.

OP keep up the good work. Its badly needed in null.

Maybe also CCP should focus more on null, instead of messing with high sec where its actually hard to do that kind of RMT money and the bots are more visible.

CCP why u make things opposite to what they should be? :psyccp:

Random periods of local Blackout, add it to the Storms.

We already have random periods of local blackout. The chat system in Eve is quite buggy.

Ever considered that null sec does exactly what you said but most do IT without scripts. Local spikes players dock up.
You dont need a script to become a bot :grin: yourself.

Are you telling me that, when I immediately recall my drones on my very young mining alts and warp this group back to the safety of tether when I see a neutral player enter system, Iā€™m a bot?

Now Iā€™m not saying that there are no bots in null, but what you describe could just as well be perfectly normal player activity. The only thing I lack from your list is jibberish names for my alts as I care about those, but some real players may not even do that.

Itā€™s good to do something about bots, such as reporting potential bots. But try to be more precise with your ways to separate their behaviour from real players, as your current list is on the level of 'I recognise bots because they fly space ships and make ISK.ā€™

Hello,

Can you tell me a sistem were i can find bots?

Thank you!

Jita.