First foray into W-Space

Took my first trip out into W-Space today! Once on the other side, I bounced around a bit to get to a safe location and kept spamming my scanner to make sure nobody was sneaking up on me. I managed to find four wormholes on the other side; the one I’d come through, a second one into highsec, one into nullsec, and the fourth one to a different W-Space system. I also manged to scan down two data sites. One of them had the Sleepers guarding it, so I did a runner as soon as I got there, but the other one was unguarded, so I gave it a shot.

There were five data containers at the site. I messed up the first one twice, and managed to get out of range just before the container self-destructed. The second and fourth ones went quite well. The third one, I messed up the first attempt, but managed to hack it on the second, and the fifth one I messed up like the first and warped out before the kaboom.

Still, three out of five containers, not too bad. Managed to get a hold full of neat stuff, a couple of filaments, a couple of datacores, some other bits and pieces, and put them all up on the market at Rens. Should net me a couple of million ISK once they’re all sold. Not all that much compared to the billions that most capsuleers have, but a pretty nice haul as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

If it is isk you’re hunting after, I’ll give you some advice. Look for class C3 wormholes. There have been a lot of pirate incursions into W-space, and a lot of pirate wrecks as well. Who exactly killed them, I don’t know, but the criminals tended to bring their better ships and equipment. Scanning down the magnetometric signatures of these derelicts and salvaging them is pretty often rather lucrative.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.