Fitting Window - still needs a " Max Skills " checkbox in Simulate

I’m probably the 50th person, at least, to suggest it. Just have a “Max Skills” optional checkbox in the top of the simulate window.

  • It shows if a fit is theoretically possible.

  • It gives new players a direction to train for

Alternatively, to give some synergy with the Certificates system and justify it’s existence, let the player optionally simulate a certifications level [1-5] for the simulated ship.

4 Likes

It irritates me when I make a ship fit and realize my implants are making it possible. Uhg.

2 Likes

Modeling skills AND implants would be the icing on the cake, 100% agree it would be positively received.

Im just asking for the BASICS here of a single checkbox for max skills…

Yes, I like the idea…

It should include a few different checkboxes as well…

Preferably a checkbox for Alpha / Omega skill level, checkbox for implants and a checkbox for boosters… When selected, those are also displayed in the fit link on separate tabs..

That way a player could quickly see just exactly what it takes to make a fit work…

DMC
o7

1 Like

All these features are available in third party tools like Pyfa.

While it could be nice to have such features in the in-game simulator too, I am a fan of keeping the in-game simulator simple and straightforward.

I don’t think this would be a feature that makes the in-game sim too complicated. Pyfa already handles this well, I feel, with the dropdown menu for your character and all skills at V (and 0, which has its uses also). Just make the drop-down default to your character rather than All V like pyfa. Also have a menu that swaps implant sim between your current set, and the implants in the ship’s cargo (which also covers the no implants use case, just leave the cargo bay empty).

3 Likes

And implant affects and environment affects to

1 Like