Fix for Rock being mined while it is dose not exist

not talking about botting talking about afk mining.

CCP stopped caring about the bots a long, long time ago. just try and send in a bot report now. even with logs and recorded videos those bots will still be there two months later

the rorqual change actually helped mineral prices as it moved a lot of the blob mining from HS out to null and with the other changes to moving around minerals and ore it was an overall positive on the market. this is why you didn’t see T1 ship prices plummet despite how much they were mining

Afk miners just move to a new belt or system, i know i afk mined highsec for years. I could get into an advanced look at the utter destruction CCP has reigned down on highsec mining in the last 5 years but all such discussion is beside the point (and i regret sending the discussion down that road). The point is that this change wont be noticed by the market place and not making the change is just punishing miners for no good reason at all.

I understand your points, i just disagree with them.

its more with the current system actively mining and attending your lasers rewards you with the min/max results changing this there is no reward for not simply afk mining not to mention the added server load now that you would be requiring each miner to constantly be asking the server if the rock was still there/had ore in it every tick

I understand your point, i truly do, but the difference in hourly incomes is hardly noticeable especially, as you yourself stated, the large mining ops moved from highsec to null and null mining is done on huge asteroids and so any benefit from partial cycling vs just plain old afk mining is so small as to be pointless.

This will be my last post concerning this matter. We disagree that is it and we won’t be able to convince each other any different.

then how about the point on increased server load now that every miner is constantly asking for updates from the server on this. Its the same issue as making beams do constant rather than cycle damage

The current mechanic, where the module will run until the end of its cycle, unless manually stopped, is fine.

When I mine I manage my cycles and thus spend less time mining and more time going all genocidal on Angels. Not mining a rock until it pops leaves some for the little guys in their Ventures, strip mining because you can’t be bothered to manage your cycles or are afk is both selfish and rude.

There’s some amusing gameplay options with the current mechanic, if you’re afk and popping rocks when I’m in the belt, you’re going to get a lot of empty cycles.

pretty sure most miners agree the people that leave rocks with less than a cycle in them are considered the bigger dicks and that the curtesy is to fully empty a rock

2 Likes

Each to their own, I value my time spent doing other activities so I make mining as efficient and as cheap as I can.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.