I’ve just purchased a laptop with amd Vega 3/R530 switchable gpu hardware. I’ve learned that gpu runs on V3 in general to save power and switch to R530 when gaming. However this does not happen while playing Eve. I’ve noticed that when I check the performance tab of the task manager while playing Eve, I see V3 is running on peak while R530 is not doing anything which is supposed to be the complete opposite.
My laptop model and specs: HP 15-DB1000NT Athlon 300U 4GB Ram 256SSD 2GB Radeon 530
I’ve looked the issue up on several forums and learned that there are alot of people who had the same issue with different brand/model laptops and different games.
This is really annoying because the game is not utilizing dedicated 2GB R530 gpu and instead trying the run the game on onboard V3 (512mb base vram+virtual memory) which causes poor performance.
The things I tried that did not work:
- I did a clean install of gpu driver.
- İnstalled lateset chipset driver.
- I’ve set the laptops power option to high performance.
- From desktop- right click – display settings – advanced settings I tried to add eve.exe and eve launcher as a high performance app.
- I tried to add Eve manually to Radeon settings game library and chose gaming mode. Started the game from Amd software. Amd software does not recognize Eve automatically which is a another issue imo.
- I disabled and uninstalled V3 while keeping R530 from the device manager which ended up in disabling both gpus.
I read that there is no way to manually select/force R530. Also read that this is a Win10 related issue so I’m thinking of installing Win7. But I want to try that as a last resort.
Can anyone help me with this?