Flagged Suspect When Going Through A FW Gate And Not Signed Up For FW

Mainly for hauling and trading. You can’t really use your FW Main to haul the goods from the LP Store to Jita because 1/ you are negative security status 2/ a legit war target for people camping Trade Hubs using FW without participating.

Most people have also Industry alts for the same reason. Also some people keep an omega or alpha alts in case of ( events in high sec, FOB to destroy, incursions etc).

But for newbros it’s mainly the hauler alt which hurts.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that there is no organised, coordinated (team of) hauler(s)
who does this for you, especially all the new players?

Did you never consider this a problem that requires solving?

Like … seriously … wtf. It’s baffling me that new players are required to create an alt,
instead of this being something that’s taken care about for them.

Mind boggling o_O

PS: I guess I gave him a stroke. RIP. :frowning:

1 Like

If you are a big FW alliance yes. If you are a small it’s more difficult.

And even if you are a main FW alliance, you can take care of the doctrine fits, create a space communism hangar and seed your own market but there is a limit : solo pvp. You can’t seed every existing solo fit.

If you are a small corp, this become much more limited.

And you can take the reverse too with high sec newbros dipping their toe in low sec pvp. If trying to pvp means being locked out of their own high sec staging, they are less inclined to try.

PS : don’t worry not having a stroke just busy IRL :slight_smile:

It’s not the same! :smiley:

There’s a significant difference between new players in highsec …
… and new players in FW!

In FW they’re all united under one banner,
which means they’re much easier to talk to!

Organisation becomes a lot easier!

To put this into an equivalent in EVE right now,
think of the minmatar militia, as example, as an ingame alliance like the Goons.

The Goons have tons of people and tons of subcorps,
with plenty of meta support for these subcorps.

All FW player corps are subcorps of the “alliance Minmatar Militia”.

Uuuhhmm … what I’m saying is that this is actually a solvable problem.
Please grant me more questions and bless them with informative responses.

Like:

I need to take a look at this.
How do I do that?

Are all militia corporations (is that the term?) being given a “memo” to join the FWDiscord?
Even new ones? How does this work?

Is there an “Inner Circle” of players for each empire?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS! D:

1 Like

I feel like you don’t understand the difference between being flagged as criminal and flagged as suspect. - I think several people in this thread don’t understand the difference. :-/

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on what the differences are.

Pretty much. And even when I did FW with the oldest corp in the game (on another character) that infrastructure didn’t exist. New players usually take a while just to figure out what questions to ask before even joining a corps. Bottom line is there’s an emphasis for new players on security because they live mostly in HS. Having learned that they either try or talk to others and soon learn FW can seriously drop that security status–even while trying to do it because of all the neutrals. They are also the same group that generally doesn’t have a lot if any alts. That discourages a lot of folks from even trying it.

2 Likes

I’m curious to see why it matters in the context of this request.

Gate guns and station guns shouldn’t attack you for being flagged suspect.

Also, someone earlier said, “What if I’m coming in to help.” (Unlikely story, IMO, but…) You’d be flagged suspect, not criminal. Standard settings would be blinking yellow, not blinking red, I believe.

Yep, it’s still a really bad idea.

So…all those losec gatecampers who go suspect for shooting at ships that jump the gate don’t ever have to tank the gate guns? That’s great news! Let them know, they’ve been doing it wrong all this time.

Sarcasm aside, losec gate guns will, should, and always have attacked a player who goes suspect by committing a direct act of aggression against another player in their presence. They won’t attack someone who lands on grid as a suspect since there’s no way to identify what flagged them as suspect.

Also, as to your earlier reply, I said I was curious to hear what your thoughts were, not just a copy/paste of the technical definitions. (Which is ironic, since you don’t seem to fully understand how they interact with gate guns in losec…)

I stand by my original point. Simply using an acceleration gate to travel to a location is not an aggressive act and should not receive any sort of flag. Is it a precursor to an aggressive act? Quite likely…but so are undocking, warping, taking a stargate, and targeting another player. Should they all generate suspect flags too?

And you can’t think of any other legitimate reason for any of those? Arguing to the point of absurdity doesn’t strengthen your argument. Nor does an FW acceleration gate take you anywhere other than an arena specifically to conduct FW.

It doesn’t matter if a reason is “legitimate” or not, all that matters is whether or not an aggressive action has been taken against another player. You don’t get a special snowflake exception for your personal case of “aggressive actions are probably about to happen but haven’t happened yet” just because you’re annoyed at non-FW players fighting in “your” area of the game.

Now you changing your story. You gave some very bad examples such as undocking and associated them with “quite likely” to carry out an aggressive action. It was poor argument. your condescending phrases such as “snowflake” don’t make for good argument either. Are you interested in actual civil conversation, or just resistant to changes of any sort or something else? It’s entirely about legitimate reasons for going into the designed combat sites from the perspective of Concord–the reasonable proposal and argument was about that perspective and made the good point that it’s a big reason there isn’t more FW members and by extension why more newer players probably don’t try PVP (and ultimately quit from boredom).

Another variation that might have a similar effect is not flagging a FW players suspect if they shoot anyone inside a FW site.

This is still a stupid idea. No special snowflake rules just because FW players are afraid of consequences.

1 Like

This in a nutshell.

This is your own made up version.

A FW gate takes you to a place in the sandbox. Period.

Now you changing your story. You gave some very bad examples such as undocking and associated them with “quite likely” to carry out an aggressive action.

I changed nothing. My entire point from the beginning is that “legitimacy” is irrelevant. The game does not care about your intentions or what you might be planning to do in the future, all that matters is committing an aggressive action. There are plenty of other situations where it’s obvious that an aggressive action is about to be committed and no flag happens, so why should you get a special snowflake rule for your personal favorite activity?

your condescending phrases such as “snowflake” don’t make for good argument either.

Argument implies a discussion between equals with good points on all sides. What we have here is a profoundly stupid idea by entitled and risk-averse FW players, and there really isn’t much to say besides “JFC that’s a terrible idea”.

Are you interested in actual civil conversation, or just resistant to changes of any sort or something else?

I am resistant to stupid ideas, and this one qualifies. Don’t over-think it.

It’s entirely about legitimate reasons for going into the designed combat sites from the perspective of Concord

And, again, “legitimate reason” is not something that matters. Being in a location is not a flag-worthy action anywhere else in the game, even in contexts where it is very obvious that the intent is to commit an aggressive action as soon as possible. You are not flagged for warping into someone else’s mission, you are not flagged for being near a stargate in a popular gank system while flying an obvious gank ship, etc. So why should your personal favorite area of the game get special treatment?

why more newer players probably don’t try PVP

If they’re so terrified of minor consequences then they don’t belong in EVE, and I don’t care one bit when they ragequit and go back to WoW.

1 Like