Flatten EHP curve

Yawn.

Battleships are capital ships, and CCP are horrible at consistent game design and balance.

you haven’t explained why they are capital ships other than you decided they were.

…because you said so?

No, it don’t works that way. And you can repeat it as much as you want it still don’t work that way. Battleship are not capital ships. Deal with it.

1 Like

FTR

I don’t want battleship to be a capital ship. I see there role more like ship of the line. Bone and flesh of any subcapital fleet.

That would be better power progression but will require too many changes. If I was creating EVE 2.0 I would be using х1.618 progression

Battleships are capital ships. Deal with it. :laughing:

ah makes sense now, carry on.

Literally the basic definition of the word.

See also: Lugh is an internet troll and doesn’t know the basic definition of words and continues to make himself look the largest of fools and basement warriors :slight_smile:

Get lost, dude.

did you actually read your definitions or did you just see that battle ship was used in their examples and hope no one else would read the definitions you linked.

in eve battleships do not qualify for any of those listed definitions. as they are rather small in comparison to actual capital ships.

soooo not a battle ship in eve

Of course I read them. They are literally defined as the loose collection of ships that are ‘capital ships.’ Every other sci-fi game out there recognizes battleships as a capital ship. CCP missing a few brain cells and not properly making them capital ships after introducing ‘capital’ parts does not make them not capital ships. It just means CCP is horrible at game design.

Go check the rest of the genre. Sci-fi acknowledges the battleship as a capital ship.

Lol. You keep jumping through that hoop all you want, but that’s not gonna make you any less wrong. No matter how many times you press that reply button.

sooo do we need to make everything corvette and up into a capital ship? because a lot of sci fy also classes them as capitals from star wars to ED?

did you? because none of the ones you linked defined them as “the loose collection of ships that are ‘capital ships’”

i mean i know Webster has started using words in their own definitions but they haven’t gotten that circular yet.

Elite dangerous… corvette’s as capital ships. Interestingly enough, the wiki doesn’t say that.

Full of crap as usual :slight_smile:

oh my bad… in ED corvet is the largest sub capital i guess we split the difference with star was then? half the corvets become capital

though in ED the only difference from capital and sub capital is if there is a pilot or if it needs a bridge crew… or that they have a jump drive? seems all their ships with jump drives also need bridge crew so maybe they have some that don’t have jump drives and aren’t capital? almost seems arbitrary.

It certainly does seem rather arbitrary across various subject matters. ED even goes so far as to basically list a bunch of freighters, haulers, and a whole bunch of other stuff that is not very ‘front line combat’ as a capital ship, too.

Kinda like Eve with some of theirs… thonk

HOWEVER, most sources/games/genres/universes still acknowledge a battleship as a capital ship. EVE is the oddity there in that it does not. This is not because the ship really serves any other role, or any distinguishable trait that all capitals have and battleships do not, OUTSIDE OF CCP NOT switching them over to capital component construction when they introduced capital components.

This does not mean that battleships should not be capital ships. This just means CCP is bad at game design and consistency, not that they have some profound reason for BS to not be capitals because… There isn’t a reason for it. If they had a shred of ability/consistency, they would have, should have, and still should, swap battleships over to capital component construction. Even if it’s at smaller quantities, hybridized, or whatever.

The only reason BS are not capitals in Eve is because CCP is crap at consistency.

that’s because in most of those settings battleships are one of or often the largest vessels. thus fitting those descriptions of capital ships you listed. however in eve they are mid sized ships because in this setting ships kept getting bigger and bigger.

Yawn

Really? That’s what you’re coming back with?

Titans and supers are super capitals. Hence why they fit super weapons and used to be called motherships and fit doomsdays and all that.

Capitals are still Carriers and dreads, of which, the Macharial was bigger than most the carriers for a long time. Heck, it might still be. And they certainly had their time being the biggest ship, too… back before… cough again, CCP introduced capital parts properly. And failed to properly balance the issue then…

le sigh. Now you’re starting to get boring.

Your persistence in commendable. Pitty you waste it in being wrong.

balance what issue? other than your unacceptance of the naming convention BBs CVs dreads Super carriers and titans all have their distinct roles and do very well at them.

a well supported BB fleet will out class just about any other sub cap fleet

carriers and dreads will wreck a battleship fleet but can be vulnerable to large groups of smaller sub caps or an anti capital drop. Supper carriers will wreck most dread/carrier fleets but are easy prey to titans who once again are vulnerable to large battleship fleets.

I am, in fact, correct. Thanks for stopping by.

Lugh, learn to read my dude. I’ve said for several posts now the issue is CCP failed to properly address BS being capital ships when they finally rolled out capital parts. Your trying to dive into ‘game balance’ has nothing, literally nothing at all, to do with CCP failing to properly adjust battleships to capital ships years ago.

In fact, you’re almost even supporting them supposed to be capital ships with your argument, since you include them in your inter-capital balance scheme. Sheesh, dude.

I’m bored now. Thanks for the chat, stick your head in the sand harder.

Our head are not in the sand. Take your out of your ass.

1 Like

so it is just you being upset that they called something a battleship, but that they didn’t also call that same item a capital ship. And you have no issue to how they are balanced gameplay wise you just want them to need capital parts and be listed as a capital ship?

… yeah, i mean I also brought up smaller sub cap ships in that scheme as well.