FOB help

Hi,

I need some help on running FOB’s. I have used 3 drekavics in the past. They a little slow and when the hauler spawn shows up when I am on the structure I end up losing a drev. I see people using leshaks, haven’t been able to find decent fits for them.
How do people deal with the hauler spawn and all the cap pressure ? should I shoot the hauler ?
How do you deal with the battleships that stay at 100km ?
Any help appreciated.

1 Like

You don’t shoot any of the NPC. You tank them because they just respawn. If the hauler comes in, you warp out. All damage goes on the FOB because that’s the only thing that matters. Fit cap batteries and cap rechargers, and maybe bring a Guardian or Augoror for cap transfers. Also fit an MJD to align to a station/structure and MJD and then warp if things get hairy.

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

1 Like

@Zhalyd_Lyehin FOB defense rats do not respawn

FOB defense rats scale up with whatever players bring. but they have minimal size too.

i made some pictures for my friends, about FOB defense spawn mechanics:

source:
trust me, i’m engineer
also have enough FOB kills to back it up:

@Earnest_Emu

decent fits for leshaks

blood raider FOBs:
[Leshak, Leshak]
Thermal Armor Hardener II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Reactive Armor Hardener
EM Armor Hardener II
EM Armor Hardener II
EM Armor Hardener II

Thukker Large Cap Battery
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Large Remote Armor Repairer II
Supratidal Entropic Disintegrator II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x10
Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot II x4

Baryon Exotic Plasma L x2000
Meson Exotic Plasma L x2000
Occult L x2000
Tetryon Exotic Plasma L x2000
Heavy Stasis Grappler II x1
Entropic Radiation Sink II x4
Warp Disruptor II x1
Stasis Webifier II x1
500MN Microwarpdrive II x1
Target Painter II x1

gurista fitting:
[Leshak, Leshak]
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Entropic Radiation Sink II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Large Armor Repairer II

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Tracking Computer II

Veles Supratidal Entropic Disintegrator

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x10
Heavy Armor Maintenance Bot II x4
Ogre II x4

Tetryon Exotic Plasma L x500
Baryon Exotic Plasma L x5000
Meson Exotic Plasma L x3000
Occult L x5000
Optimal Range Script x1
Entropic Radiation Sink II x3

bringing 2 leshak stays under minimal spawn size. adding third leshak will spawn some extra enemies but would help a lot with safety

for BR fob instead of 3rd leshak would recommend vigilant, as it makes getting rid of frigates trivial, which are otherwise pain in the ass due to high speed and low signature radius

bring Mobile Depot and Mobile Micro Jump Unit

how do people deal with hauler ?
a) hunt it before hand
b) ignore it like Chads, and take the loss when they get screwed over by battleship size miner response (which is so rare that totally worth to overlook, right? RIGHT?!)

how do ppl deal with battleships at 100km away?
ignore them, battleship dps is irrelevant compared to FOB defence cruisers (remember the picture above? 1 battleship equates 5 dps cruisers, but is so much easier to tank). if you got 2 battleship spawn instead of 11 cruisers, be happy. cherrish it. (or you can totally dock up and re-roll defence spawns till you get battleships, eh?)

more fits, tips and tricks in ingame channel “FOB fits”

Has the banana distribution always been like that? I always ran them with 2 Nestors and it was relatively easy to tank the normal spawn. Only the cruisers are a huge risk but that’s what the MJD is for. MJD, warp out, wait 5 minutes for them to despawn and warp back in.

REDNES

yes babanas never lie. bananas are eternal

but it’s nestors mate… nestors can tank anything

i started my FOB career with 3x dominix
“upgraded” to 3x nestors, and for long time could not figure out why FOBs got “slower” (as i used to clear all defence before attacking structure) and maaaaaaaaaaan breaking 4-5 gurista ospreys tank with 3 nestors is biatch… to the point i started ignoring those 40 gurista ships on overview and just go for structure

but then later i discovered joy of using heavy assault cruisers (e.g. ishtars) which do not even exceed initial spawn… but then triglavians happened… and it changed EVERYTHING

i mean… ships that do more damage to same target that cannot escape (structure), has remote repair slots and does not count as logi… what… but wait there is more… gurista FOB rats do 100% thermal damage… and lets see triglavian assault cruiser resistance profile…

and yeah while rerolling FOB spawn is all cool and fine… ain’t nobody got time for that. so fleet should be designed about dealing with worst possible spawn - a.k.a dps cruisers

so that if you are balls deep at attacking structure, and another players fleet warps in and spawn even more ships, and they happen to be dps cruisers, you can deal with them. new spawns always attack ship being most threat to structure, a.k.a doing most damage to structure

I never bothered with the ships. I just tanked them which was easy enough after the FOB stops neuting you.

Yes, Trig ships, the OP jackmaster-of-all-trades.

With agency telling all the world where FOBs are it’s probably a good thing that I stopped doing them a long time ago.

REDNES

ah fobs stops neuting you part…

warp in pod to FOB, wait for 15mins, FOB outta cap. smart use of game mekanics

speaking of agency window… well as… shame to admit… was not me. credit goes to… loading loading… as “Fua Consternation” discovered
when new FOB spawns, its initially only visible on agency window inside the system it spawned in… and over time agency window ‘detection range’ expands about 1 jump away every 12 hours or so. to a maximum of 5 jumps away to be visible on agency window

that’s why newly spawned FOBs are pain in the ass to detect. also interesting to note here. once FOB is destroyed it immediately respawns somewhere else (source occasionally destroyed FOBs respawn directly on path to next one, or towards home station)… so technically it is not being destroyed, but relocated. so anyone giving me isk to remove FOBs from your mining system, thank you for supporting FOB relocation industry

P.S. FOB relocators does not sound as cool as FOB killers… so well… keeping the name

I tested this the other day and it doesn’t work anymore. I let my alt sit there for an hour and it never stopped neuting me. It would cycle, go back to yellow boxing and then back to neuting.

You got me beat! Cheers!

you are correct, it never stops neuting. FOB got 4 ewar modules and at first its using all 4 of them, when it runs out of cap it still continues using single neut, but at much slower rate

1 Like