For you schmoes who intentionally leave Reilic and Data point's empty save Carbon junk

Cargo scanning cannot cure “grumpy”

2 Likes

Sure, but you actually don’t even need to do that. After landing on-grid you can see if cans have already been hacked.

The problem is all that time scanning and warping to the site was just wasted. Letting unfinished sites remain active only does one thing, it slows down and or stops the spawn of new sites.

People may think they’re leaving those sites unfinished to screw over other players but in reality they’re only screwing themselves.

Has it been established, where the sites respawn? Is there any evidence that they are regional, or even constellation dependent?

1 Like

as per the pricks that do that “but but but it waste my time”

Later: “y r all teh relic sites empty and nothing new spawning!!!11!”

1 Like

I can see that viewpoint however I prefer to look at it from the viewpoint that there is no right or wrong way to go about certain aspects or etiquette of gameplay, if it is allowed within the rules it all comes down to personal preference within the sandbox.

Sure, but the main reason for actually running those sites is to collect loot and make ISK.

If you cherry-pick the best loot and leave the rest without actually completing the site, you slow down the spawn rate of new sites, thus slowing down your ability to gain good loot. As more and more people do that, eventually no more new sites will be spawned and all that’s left will be unfinished sites holding junk loot.

Now granted those unfinished sites will eventually despawn but the expiration time of those sites will be varied. Add in competition by lot’s of other players and now whenever a new site spawns, it’ll be quickly cherry-picked again just for the good loot. Thus the cycle continues and now everybody is spending more time looking for new sites which won’t spawn due to a bunch of unfinished sites left to despawn naturally.

Like I said, leaving those sites unfinished in an attempt to screw over other players only hurts your own chances of gaining more ISK.

1 Like

I think the discussion regarding supply and demand is lacking here.

1 Like

To be fair, this rings true only when ISK is the thing you are after. Sometimes these things popped up in my system and I cherry picked them. While ratting I would occasionally zero-angle scan these sites for potential kills. Maybe things have changed but in my time data and relic sites in lowsec were barely worth doing at all, making any monetary points rather moot for the kill-oriented player.

Only a small percentage of sites are used that way. More importantly, what you describe is not what this thread topic is about.

As I understand it Gas sites are left with 1 because they will eventually respawn and it is better to wait than to find another gas site.

This entire thread is useless, and I’ll tell you why. I lost a Covops Frig with a Zeugma Integrated Analyzer (value: 190M Isk) to a Triglavian patrol that invaded the hi-sec site I was fat and happy hacking at my leisure. Do you think for a second I’m going to risk that happening again by hanging around hacking some stinking can with piece of coal in it???

The OP’s entire argument falls apart when the Triglavian variable is added. I’ll cherry pick any site I damn well please and get the hell out anytime I damn well please.

2 Likes

I like this thread. It is salty.

2 Likes

Doing sites in hostile space. Little extra F U to your enemies

1 Like

Are triglavians more dangerous for explorers than other players, then?

In highsec? Probably.

Well, this must be something new because I haven’t heard of Triglavians invading Hacking sites. Also if a system is under invasion, you get a warning before entering the system or undocking from station.

Anyway, I see Cov Ops Frig loss on zKillboard is due to PvP, not Triglavians.

One of my alts got ganked by the Tri’s, not me. K’uata Sayus.

Alas, no sign of that character on zkillboard. We’ll just have to take your word for it.

2019.12.14 03:44:56

Victim: K’uata Sayus
Corp: Ghengis Tia Corp
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Cheetah
System: Andabiar
Security: 0.6
Damage Taken: 1353

Involved parties:

Name: Raznaborg Damavik / Unknown (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 1353

Destroyed items:

Burned Logic Circuit, Qty: 7 (Cargo)
Intact Armor Plates (Cargo)
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Charred Micro Circuit, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
Sisters Core Scanner Probe (Cargo)
Small Emission Scope Sharpener I
Defective Current Pump, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
Damaged Artificial Neural Network, Qty: 3 (Cargo)
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Zeugma Integrated Analyzer
Carbon, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Sisters Combat Scanner Probe, Qty: 8
Small Memetic Algorithm Bank I
Tripped Power Circuit, Qty: 6 (Cargo)
Fried Interface Circuit, Qty: 8 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Salvager II
ML-3 Scoped Survey Scanner
Armor Plates, Qty: 17 (Cargo)
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Intact Armor Plates (Cargo)
Cargo Scanner II
Contaminated Nanite Compound, Qty: 5 (Cargo)
Charred Micro Circuit, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
F-89 Compact Signal Amplifier
Sisters Core Scanner Probe, Qty: 7 (Cargo)
Slaver Hound, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Damaged Artificial Neural Network, Qty: 7 (Cargo)
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher
Interface Circuit (Cargo)
Fried Interface Circuit, Qty: 10 (Cargo)

Oddly enough, this kill is not in my combat log. The information was taken from the notification feed that luckily I had not deleted.

Link: https://esi.evetech.net/v1/killmails/80432168/4eafb4a6a32484c5e1df35c89aa26b45dc0a04ba/?datasource=tranquility

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.