Force Auxiliary Balance Proposal

I totally respect that, Brisc, and in general, on a lot of issues, I agree with that assessment completely. However, right now we’re at a stage where this problem has been tweaked and patched over with little tiny adjustments a dozen times, and gotten one attempt as a significant tweak (when they introduced things like falloff), and is still just as broken.

No, we shouldn’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good, but that assumes that we’re going to keep working on it. Incremental steps. Well, incremental steps have taken us in the wrong direction, and we’ve got a damned cast made of Band-Aid™ now.

At some point, you need to say 'ok, our tweaks aren’t working, let’s look at the whole thing and rebuild it in a comprehensive way that actually achieves our goals instead of trying to put more bubble wrap on the ass end of a ‘76 Pinto.’

Side note: Get rid of insurance.

2 years cap logi here…no op fax exist maybe u got a bit out of the way with this wh stories from proly 200wh/25k not wh players,fax can be neuted easy and no passive tanked fax will live in super cap battle.you can eventually reduce amount of remote reps but nothing else.Most of faxes are not cap stable and high dependable on batteries not to mention 2/4 are not in use at all.LIF you can just alpha with subcap fleet out of the grid.Faxes are stuck in triage and cannot even move.They are so much worse than old carrier triage system that is apsurd.
Main problem in super cap battles are carriers/supers as they are unusable since they can be countered easy with anti-fighetrs and give absolute no dmg on field + fighters make big lags and eventually not respond in high tidi so it end up on who have more titans on field.nerfing faxes will change nothing dreadbombs will be erased with titans as it is and winner will still be who have more titans.What you need to do is make subcaps dangerous to caps.

1 Like

Not my idea… but likely one that could fix a LOT of the gripes people have with faxes. Saw it on discord while we were discussing the pending changes (which ultimately as described will result in Dreadnaughts Online). Really liked the idea so I’ll voice it here.

Make FAX reps work the same was as Trig weapons. They ramp up. Each cycle reps more and more.

Swapping targets forces faxes to swap, which in turn resets their reps back down to base value.

4 Likes

I understand, and I think it’s important that we keep pushing for additional changes to fix the issues. At the same time, I don’t want to turn up a chance to make some meaningful changes, even if they don’t address every issue or fix every issue. The Devs are paying attention to this now, so I want to take advantage of that to get something done, rather than do something more in-depth that could end up getting sidelined because of events or the like.

If you’ve got any specific ideas that you want me to pass on, I’ll be happy to do that - just get them to me.

2 Likes

Too much rep or remote ? Just Neut the fax lol

1 Like

The problem is, since jump fatigue capital movement is a thing that requires a lot of effort.
Should it really be necessary to move an entire dread wing, so that you can do a 50 man roam the next week?

The whole mechanic atm is kicking attackers in the balls: fozzie sov, timers on citadels, cap superiority of the guys that live in the space. There is a real need for change, and I think that these planned changes are a good start

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/283584192 this is Brisc Rubal talking to progod about capital changes 3h46m to 4h02m especially 3h54m to 4h02m

Progod is 100% correct

Also whats with this focus on wormholes don’t like half a percent of the population live there? Can’t we just add some wormhole effect that makes FAX worse in J-space, like even onto the triage module itself; make it 120% bonus in k-space and 75% bonus in j-space

Like you talk about how FAXs don’t allow for fights to happen because the enemy has too many of them… its not that they have too many FAX if they had a 100% FAX fleet they’d be easy to kill its that they have a BETTER and BIGGER overall fleet composition than the other side, the most important thing in this scenario is the amount of Titans on grid not FAX.

But all this aside why the actual ■■■■ are they nerfing cycle time? Nerf rep amount sure but cycle time??? Nerfing subcaps ESPECIALLY ARMOUR IS NOT THE WAY TO GO

2 Likes

Awesome - I didn’t know that was being recorded. I couldn’t remember what PGL said to me.

its twitch…

You approach your position with the expectation that it’s supposed to be fair.

In real life if some dude decides to force his way into my house, he’ll be met with a loaded rifle and NIJ3 body armor. No reason for me to fight fair.

Should capital umbrellas be where they are? No, that much I can certainly agree with. But to assume that you’ve the right to a fair fight when you come into “our house” is unrealistic as well.

We don’t record the Open Comms after show. Not every show gets recorded. I didn’t know if Matterall was recording that one or not.

Of course… if you made battleships not completely worthless in 99% of content, they might be an excellent fax counter (tbh they could make an excellent capital counter in general).

Burst jammers, heavy neuts, target spectrum breakers (clouds of fighters, but only if you didn’t break friendly locks), they could be so much more than they are.

They could counter capitals perfectly. They’re just too ■■■■■■■ slow to bring anywhere without a titan to take them there.

In the words of my grandmother “What horse ■■■■”

Just put 1 or 2 bahlgorn with talisman and its done.

I particularly like your suggestion to nerf cargo space for 3200s. If there is limited space for 3200s the fax pilot has to choose between short bursty tank or lower more sustainable reps. It wouldn’t affect the NS meta much but would reduce their effectiveness in whs. Cap trucks would become more important, which makes bubbles and grid control essential. Good opportunity for play/counter-play. Also adds a use for cap battery ones in whs.

“so where does FAXs fit in the ccp family?”
“well duh it’s the red headed stepchild!”

Could you just delete all ships from the game that aren’t capitals/supers/titans? Wouldn’t that immediately balance things if everyone just started with a carrier instead of a frigate?

1 Like

Read this far thinking the exact same thing… Glad I wasn’t the only one.

Self repair faxes are already too niche to further reduce their reps.

Also, nerfing self reps without reducing the repair amount of a rorqual has no sense.