Formation of the Atash e Sarum Vanguard

Took your sweet time announcing it, huh? Formed 8 months ago…

I know, I know, pointing out your many failures and inadequacies is why I’m -10.

1 Like

Ave!

This is Amazing news Lord Aldrith.

2 Likes

I am most pleased to read this well thought out and detailed announcement. It appears that since creating your corporation that you not only have been busy fighting the Minmatar, but also carefully planning for the future of your corporation and service to House Sarum, Amarr Empire and God.

Your participation in the war against the Minmatar and the security of the Eugidi constellation has been invaluable to the war effort. Imperial Frontiers is most grateful for the support that you and your alliance has provided since we have arrived.

It is an honor to be considered friends of the Vangard.

Zeri Shakiel
Imperial Frontiers

3 Likes

Formal announcements take time you know. Have to give the scribes enough time to do all the fancy letters and draw the armoured snails and sea monsters in the margins of the official document and all that.

1 Like

Then it’s a good thing they used all that time to catch things like

or stating that his pilots will have ‘temerity’, what with that meaning an excess of confidence, ie: being overconfident. And maybe use the correct ‘canvas’, rather than claiming they’d be making war and conflict their… door-to-door solicitation?

But you know, even then, I am grateful to Aldrith for highlighting his embrace of corruption and bribery. ‘May our acts be[??] grant us passage to paradise.’ More insistence on virtue-for-reward quid pro quo. It’s nice to see he doesn’t believe in what he’s espousing… just doing it for the payday.

May your endeavor be blessed by God the Maker Lord Shutaq, and may the winds be ever at your back. A finer slicer pilot was never known by this cluster. Moitte.

Every able Amarr capsuleer, take heed!

4 Likes

I mean…not like I’m sitting here in support of anything…

But is that all you can do? Play grammar police? It’s a bit pedantic, even for you.

12 Likes

I have to wonder Aldrith, how do you reconcile Holy Amarrian Battlemonk being “shoot on sight” and also part of Local is Primary, your very own alliance and “+10”?

This position seems rather challenging to maintain.

1 Like

Easy peasy darling, they can treat one another’s drifting corpses with the utmost respect.

The same as one may recognize a cancer but wish to save the body it inhabits.

This seems rather difficult to do. LUMEN finds it much simpler to have a single standing for an alliance, it avoids a lot of awkward edge cases. So while your corporation remains suborned to Local is Primary, it will have the same standing as Local is Primary.

That is neutral with a caution that Local is Primary pilots have a tendency to attack us on sight and conduct piracy in general.

1 Like

Excellent, and considering how you treat entities with even negative standings, this should have absolutely no baring on LUMEN’s capacity to cooperate with us when convenient.

2 Likes

Not precisely untrue, but charitable in its implications; the reality is better expressed by, especially.

Pft. You’ll notice that wasn’t my intial response, nor even really aimed at Aldrith. Rather, it was poking at Valerie’s ‘it takes time to get these things right’ non-defense of his long, long delay. When the defense is ‘but they needed to get the presentation right’, the response really should be about presentation errors, and not attempts to change the subject to other issues.

Ultimately, I’m giving both Aldrith and the Ashysaur van Gaard the attention and effort they deserve.

So if Vektor’s claims of wiping out all eukaryotic life on Bos had been successful, that’s something ‘every Amarrian’ should have supported, despite a fair chunk of that life being industrial facilities from multinational corporations like Quafe? Or when AM, enlisted in the 24IC, attacked Providence in support of other nullsec groups to drive CVA out of the region, that should be supported by ‘every Amarrian’?

I submit that critical thinking, not blind cheerleading, would better serve.

Other than that, I fully support your final grafs and request for clarification.

Hey !

I just want someone to do a press release in illuminated script, with the margins full of angels, demons, armoured snails, and all the rest of those kind of greeblies.

Yes…

First, allow me to thank you, Amicia Cora, for your ongoing sentiments of support; they are much appreciated and I personally continue to wish your own organization the best in its future, despite the current climate in relations.

Now, for the clarification you requested. Before you level any insinuations of a double standard in the application of the Vanguard’s standings, first take note that militia status will always supersede red standings as a default, as the current regulations governing capsuleer aggression make it nigh impossible to fire on those enlisted in the Crusade without incurring severe penalties to Empire standings. This unfortunate fact makes it wildly impractical to wage war upon would-be enemies of Amarr as long as they are shielded by this system.

This brings us to the specific nuances of the case of the purposefully deceptively named corporation called ‘Holy Amarrian Battlemonk’. I am sure you are at least a bit familiar with its heretic leader, a capsuleer callsigned ‘edeity’. Well, you see, edeity is a Sani Sabik. And this Sani Sabik has been enrolled in the 24th Imperial Crusade in various capacities for a very long time, shielding himself and his associates by ‘service’ to the militia, and by embedding himself into the largest and most powerful organizations that arise in it. In this way he has historically both avoided the wrath of true loyalists, and has been able to subtly corrupt other capsuleers who are ignorant of the nefarious nature of his vile, heretical worldview. This would also immediately make those organizations toxic to those of True Faith, and drive an inexorable wedge between the majority of militia pilots and the most conscientious Amarr loyalists. And so, he of course has embedded himself in the current iteration of Local is Primary, as he has done so many times before. Normally, this would go either completely unnoticed or vaguely recognized but without concern by the vast majority of other pilots in the Crusade, as they are mostly ignorant to the implications or simply care only for the martial contributions made on the battlefield by him and his corporation. Until now, that is, with the inclusion of true loyalists into the alliance, and with edeity’s disappearance from the capsuleer scene.

Most of the other ‘battlemonks’ care nothing for the Sani Sabik heresy, knowing close to nothing about it, and so they may yet be saved from the tarnished name and tainted essence the corporation stands for. With ediety’s several-year absence from active duty, the few pilots still within his corporation are rudderless and are hanging on to the shell of his corporation merely for practical reasons involving property hangars and structures. This has left the door open to making the entire entity defunct if better prospects are offered to them elsewhere, though unfortunately thus far it has been a challenge to coax them away. Nevertheless, I retain hope and am continually making efforts to get them to abandon that rotting carcass of a heresy haven. Thus I remain in Local is Primary, refraining from going on a holy rampage against my fellow militiamen out of interest in maintaining them as a functional fighting force, despite my desire to hold them as hostile to the Empire until then.

So, I pray it is now evident why it is a false equivalency to compare the leaderless husk of Holy Amarrian Battlemonk, which is a shell corporation used to shield a single Sanist from persecution by actual Amarrians, with Electus Matari, which is a very large and self-possessed Minmatar loyalist entity which makes anti-Amarr activity one of its primary modes of operation. They are not in the same category in terms of threat level, capability and current operations, despite their classification under the Vanguard’s standings system being the same. I would very much like to shoot them both, at all times, but mitigating factors prevent those standings from applying fully to one, but not the other.

To carry on the metaphore in one of my previous posts, to summarize: Holy Amarrian Battlemonk is a small tumor. Electus Matari is a body made of a contagious cancer.

If you require further elaboration on this stance, I suggest we carry on the discussion in private.

3 Likes

Very well, we will do this here.

I do not set alliance policy and this thread is not about CTRL-V’s stances current or past, but to be clear I did not and will not support any moves to cooperate with them, and would exclude the Vanguard’s participation in such activities if they were to occur again.

In this case, I would encourage you to follow your own set of Rules of Engagement and engage the heretic corporation on sight, as would the Vanguard were it not pursuing a different course of action at the moment. Salvageable as it may be, it is good and fitting that they feel unwelcome in Amarr as they yet stand now. The consequences of that will fall upon LUMEN’s diplomats and policy-makers, not upon the Vanguard, though fair warning that we may return fire if the move endangers a militia operation it is taking part in.

Yes, in fact I have already considered amending the list and rules as they stand due to the concerns you have raised. For example, I have considered resetting AMONK’s standings and instead singling out edeity and the known heretic supporters amongst them. This should clarify the matter for our own members as well.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.