Forsaken Fortress – Coming 26 May

About the patch why not.

But can you please authorise to remove the rigs on the citadel (only when the citadel is full powered).

Right now they are a lot of athanor with rigs we can’t fuel because you have massively nerf the moon.

Please make it’s possible to remove rigs on citadel (only when we began the cycle of unanchoring).

2 Likes

:point_up_2: from a different thread discussing how players who are presently inactive might come back to find themselves having lost everything because they had no prior notice of this patch. Rude awakening. Many rage quits to come… and for once they have merit.

To be honest, I’m not entirely crazy about the “zero asset safety” because it penalizes players who cannot log into the game but whose corp leadership fails to maintain POSes (for whatever reason), creating a situation where they become hesitant to use POSes to begin with. Perhaps a better solution would be to implement a modified form of asset safety in which we eliminate the “5 day manual” asset release option and instead have it become a “20 day manual” (ie. non-automatic) asset release for abandoned POSes that are destroyed. This makes assets inaccessible for an extended period of time, but not entirely lost.

Great idea btw

You are right - For now. The probelm is this “scaricity” period is touted to last around 2 years - Do you really think those building the things that keep Eve active will do it at a loss once ore prices rise to a point it is not viable to sell things for the same low prices?
Do you think there is enough ore stockpiled so prices are not affected by CCP’s push to fix the economy?
If there is enough ore stockpiled combined with those still mining that the markets don’t shift upwards - CCP Rattati and his team have failed already.

The rorqual IS the problem - CCP Rattati has already stated, gangs of 10 rorquals will just change to 20, the guy with 50 rorquals will use 100.
Now which groups would it be that can use Rorquals in such a manner?
The small group member with 1 or even 2 rorquals was never the oversupply problem.
Do you not read Economic reports or just not understand, a few groups dominate the economy for everyone who plays the game?

You asked me what I thought was needed to begin to address issues. Fix Rorquals, make it so they can’t be used in such large numbers by a single player. No amount of “scaricity” is going to “fix” the issue with rorquals long term so it needs to be done at a development level.
Nerfing supers and titans isn’t going to “fix” the issue that they are a fundamental part of getting and holding sov - It needs to be fixed at a development level.

Just because something has always been a certain way doesn’t make it the best way. Eve is the prime example of this - Mega groups are an issue for everyone who plays eve and if CCP can’t address this “soon” …
Mega groups don’t need to be “removed” from the game but game play around being in a mega group needs to be changed.,.

Yes there are less players now than 2 or 3 years ago - And for CCP this is a major problem - One that won’t be “fixed” without putting in the hard yards and addressing the issues that have brought Eve to such a poor state.
Destruction will never outstrip production while there is no reasons to fight - If it takes CCP years of scarcity to address oversupply, it will take even longer before they start seeing destruction outstrip production.
How many more years of stagnancy can Eve sustain, how long will a lot of players keep supporting a game that punishes them for choosing a certain play style, how long can CCP sustain a game that has the worst player retention ever. They tell us about all these new players they are attracting and keeping longer, yet in a period where the world is in lockdown there are still less players than there was in the past.

While ever there is a risk of not being able to replace what you lose, players will not be as willing to risk.

This is totally off topic but still shows why certain aspects of Eve need to be addressed sooner rather than later - If large groups get a free run at free isk from Forsaken Fortress it only puts CCP further away from achieving their so far vague goals.

1 Like

That 's not how the economy works and is shown in both the cost or ore/minerals but also in the cost of the end products. Before this started indies were complaining that prices were so low their margins were shot to hell.

Then they need another nerf…I haven’t looked into this but the fix is simple…

Wrong. What you mean to say is to make the ship less attractive or cost effective to players (single or otherwise). IF they are still too good then as mentioned, they need a nerf not an coding hack that prevents a player from using more than X of them.

…and CCP has started doing that…

Yes but you have yet to give a single way to fix this. I’ve asked for examples and so have others. IF you can only vaguely say why something is bad but are unable to give solutions, it’s not constructive.

Run for the election then…do something about it…

Agree and that’s what they are doing with the scarcity era…which oddly you have issue over. CCP needs to go WAY deeper and really drive the prices up IMO.

17 so far…

Not all play-styles are going to be as effective as others…that is a fact and absolutely nothing can change it.

Again, you are fighting a losing battle against human nature…without offering examples of HOW to limit their power…

Large groups come and go…grow and shrink…conquer and are conquered. That is EVE and the reason it’s great is that it reflects human nature. Trying to fight against that is…pointless.

Where was it written that scarcity will last two years?
Also from the way you write it seems like you got no clue about industry… things are being sold at the current manufacture price, not at old one. Billions of units of tritanium or pyerite don’t take long to use up. (I think I used over 2B units of tritanium this month, and I don’t even make citadels, caps or battleships)

There is not enough ore stockpiled. You can already see the effect - tritanium is 8 or more isk per unit, and it will rise soon. For the time being old supplies help keep prices “low” but in coming weeks I wouldn’t be surprised to see tritanium at above 10. Hell, I bet it will cross 9 in next two weeks. Also there are still some moon pulls with standard ores fracturing all over new eden which keeps a bit of supply. Not to mention that with trit at 8 much more mining is happening in hisec - but value of trit will increase.

And recent few events increased destruction immensely… this one as well - many inexperienced people diving into abyss means destruction of many cruisers.

Because there were no margins on many goods just 2 months ago. About 40 days ago | bought over 6K frigates that were being sold at less than half manufacture cost… because the enormous supply of minerals meant that everyone could manufacture and not give a crap about adding value - and this was especially often done by mining/industrial corporations, for reasons I still can’t fathom. Why manufacture at a loss?

There is only one way to get it fixed - make regions, especially in null, less capable of supporting huge population densities. This will force spread of population, which makes it much harder to keep everyplace secure - making raids much simpler to perform. Now that I think about it, is not this what CCP is doing now?

1 Like

I sometime make things not at a loss but at far lower then market value just to move them. The reason is the base materials were…cough…free. The manufactured items increase enough to make it worth my time but not enough to be worried about making the most from the sales…

Great idea but that addresses density but not mega corps/alliances. They will still exist. Would it be a bit harder to organize, possibly but the same can be said for those trying to organize to counter them. IMO, it would feel a bit too artificial but that’s just me…

There you go, pure lack of understanding shines through.
Why should those using a ship as intended be punished because of poor coding on CCP’s part.

Really? How exactly do you see Supers and Titans being removed as a requirement to take and hold sov.

I believe the CSm should be scrapped, why would i run for it?

Really, you didn’t read my last post aside from the bits you quoted to tear apart.
REMOVE THE NEED FOR SUPERS AND TITANS TO TAKE AND HOLD SOV. I don’t think it could be much clearer.
It isn’t a “cure” but would be a far better start than what is currently going on.

CCP is lazy, they don’t want to put in the work to “FIX” anything. They are still just throwing stuff out there in the hope something might work - IT WON’T.
Nerfing everyones play style because a few groups dominate everything is not a fix.

CCP needs to stike where the problem is, not blanket nerfs that hurt the small guy over and over.
Driving small manufacturers out of the industry only leaves room for those who are least affected by these blanket nerfs. Those with trillions of isk and ore reserves - Funny CCP state they want a more balanced ecosystem then nerf small operators out of it

Just how many more players can CCP afford to lose to dumb shite lazy, lets try this, development?

Google CCP rattati - Talking in stations

Personally if CCP are to achieve their so far vague outcomes, it will take longer than two years. 3 or 4 would be a better estimate.

Funny - Destruction vs production will be balanced by PVE - You can’t be serious.
Thousands and thousands of ship big and small need to die daily to change the balance.
Wars, BIG wars where players commit their biggest ships - That is the only thing that will change the balance.
There are groups who are still churning out supers as fast as you can build a few battleships.
When Trigs are killing 10K subcaps a day, then they “might” count towards the destruction vs production stats.

Get a clue. Do some research on what CCP has planned.

1 Like

There you go, utterly missing the point and going off on a tangent. They buffed the ship too much and now they need to nerf it back…why is that hard to understand?

Would you like me to link you to the recent dev blogs specifically the Surgical Strike one…? I also never said “removed”…that’s you inventing things…aka making ■■■■ up

Of course you do…

I/we are asking how you would nerf mega corps…never said anything about “TAKE AND HOLD SOV”…also, on that note, you realize that if they magically removed supers/titians you would then just complain about T2 BS…

You seem to hate EVE and CCP and a few other things pretty strongly(and have for a while now)…Why are you even here other than to cause drama?

99.9999999% of changes are always going to hurt the small guy more than the big guy. That’s just the nature of nerfs, the big guy is also almost always the more motivated guy as well when it comes to MMO’s.
About all that won’t really are nerfs to the power of supers & titans, but you can’t solve the super/titan problem just by nerfing a number on the ship.

However that doesn’t make these changes that CCP are doing bad, they are in fact quite good for the overall EVE economy. Sometimes you do have to make this sort of change. And screaming about how it harms the newbies… oh sorry ‘little guy’,… yeah…

1 Like

you clearly don’t get how they are used. They have been nerfed over and over so that they are a lot less productive than they were.
Nerfing them isn’t going to stop them being multiboxed in large numbers, anyone who has any idea of nul mining knows this. There is onloy two things will get Rorquals under control - Remove them or make them so they can’t be used in large numbers by a single player.
Not hard to understand if you try. And i didn’t go off on a tangent at all.
You clearly have no understanding of how large groups use Rorquals OR you are one of them and trying to throw off.

By all means, link me a Dev blog that shows how the recent nerfs to supers and titans reduces the reliance on them for taking and holding sov.
Clutching at straws is sad, even for you. I was talking about the need to remove them as the force needed to take and hold sov. You don’t get simple English? Or is it that what I said doesn’t fit your rhetorical nonsence.

The correlation between mega groups and the power they project is based in Super capital dominance. Break their ability to so easily hold sov you leave them open to attack and the possibility of eventual demise.
Do you actually play the game outside highsec? You seem to know little about nulsec sov mechanics.

Funny you say that… You’ve obviously followed my posting for a while. Does that go far enough back to where i used a lot of energy saying Rorqual changes and Fozzie sov would lead to issues. Was I wrong??

1 Like

Well, you are clearly now spinning this from…

Mega groups are an issue for everyone

…to the new angle…

TAKE AND HOLD SOV

…and resorting to childish insults in an attempt to boast your “argument”. I was right the first time…

Ciao…

No you can’t but you can change why and how they are used. You can change the primary reason they are required in such large numbers.
There is quite a few things could be done at a development level to get Supers and Titans on grid and at risk of destruction.

But that would require some very specialized game development that would risk upsetting the mega groups - Who actually control the game

CCP keep syaing they want to see more destruction and wars - Yet everything they have done to date makes players less likely to undock and engage and as ore prices start to soar and the price to join a fleet goes up, less fights will happen.
I’m not talking about little fights of a few hundred players in cruisers and frigates, I mean the real fights were trillions of isk is at risk. The sort of fights I and many others started playing Eve for.

CCP’s current development trend will weed out those who can’t put in the extra time or money to keep playing. 2 or 3 years from now Eve may look totally different to what it does today at the cost of the sandbox nature of the game.

I have no idea what you are saying here. Childish is not being able to write a response that means anythiung other than - You don’t know or don’t understand the issues - Which is all I see here.

1 Like

You keep changing it…you have no solution to the questions we’ve put forth and all you do is cry and insult…

Done…

Anyway, Seems I’m done here and you’ll all be rid of me for good.

Support tells me that items in Citadels have always been at risk of getting destroyed and so won’t help me out after I lost everything i owned to fires and flooding.
Personally I think CCP should employ support staff that know how game mechanics work.

3 Likes

No, everything they have done makes YOU less likely to undock, of course since you’ve said you have basically quit already as of quite a few months ago… this seems pretty irrelevant and sour grapes.
Sure I’m agreeing that there are issues, but I strongly disagree that their current development trend is bad. EVE a few years ago was more of a scarcity time than EVE today after these changes.

P.S. Is there really not a single person who can lend you a couple of hours on a computer to log in and asset safety everything. Like? That just sounds silly that you can’t find a computer to login on at all. No net cafes, nothing?

3 Likes

:red_circle:

Logging in to EVE in an internet café? Really? Sounds like a great idea. That aside: If only we had an app for that. A companion app with god functionalities like these things and that works well. Oh wait …

@Runa_Yamaguchi Rorquals don’t need “yet another nerf that accomplishes nothing”. They need to be fixed. And the fix is very easy, very simple and very effective. I have laid it out several times in great detail. Repeatedly nerfing things without accomplishing the goal does not help at all. The only thing this development approach accomplishes is creating annoyance.

1 Like

Removing their ability to mine is not a fix.

:red_circle: May I suggest to inject Reading Ability? It would help with preventing such misunderstandings. I have not suggested such thing. Quite the contrary.

1 Like

Then could you bother copy/pasting what you have suggested, or linking it, since it was so many posts ago it’s not easy to locate.

1 Like