Forsaken Fortress – Coming 26 May

I still think this is a good step, we get rid off of inactive citadel

1 Like

Ok, sure? No-one currently talking has any issues with that.

@Brisc_Rubal Ok so you are just going to be inconsistent with what you support, got it.

/sigh

It’s not inconsistence. It’s accepting where the line was drawn and accepting the reasoning behind why the line was drawn where it was.

It is.

You are defending a line drawn on the side of ‘Protecting all assets put in a Faction Citadel even if they get put in tomorrow under the new rule’ on the basis of “Well people 4 years ago didn’t know their assets would be at risk”.
Except that line in a logically consistent manner also includes “People who put stuff in Citadels 3 years ago who didn’t know their assets would be at risk”.
And should also include “People who put assets in a Citadel tomorrow”. Since well… You support faction citadels being protected. And that includes people who put their assets in them tomorrow.

It was the wrong way to handle things, and it heavily favoured certain groups.

That’s not the only reason why they’re not letting the faction citadels go abandoned.

And now you shift goalposts… Yeah. I’m done. You aren’t discussing this in good faith any more.

Not shifting the goalposts. Just acknowledging reality. But, again, I think it’s justified that protecting the faction forts makes more sense and is easier to implement as a way to protect those players who have the greatest claim to protection (those who never played in the citadel system).

I’m in favor of the asset safety changes but I think you guys could have chosen a much better time to implement. With all that is going on in the world, there are tons of people out of work, sick, working huge hours, etc. This was a bad time to go back on a promise to people who have the expectation that when the crisis in real life ends, they will have their stuff.

I also think 7 days is a bit short for abandonment.

Anyway, I largely like the change. I just wish you had done this last year or after the RL storm passes.

1 Like

CCP has chosen their favorite players / groups. This is T20 all over again, with trillions if isk siphoned towards these favored groups.

This isn’t a game. This is corruption to its core. CCP single-handedly gave victory to them. They didn’t even have to do anything. All CCP did was flip a switch in their favor, and viola, trillions of ISK pulled out of thin air.

Weird how anyone can participate except you it seems…

How long it this toon going to last before you recycle it and start a new one?

^ I chose not to participate because this is corruption. A game has well-defined rules. IF those rules are torn up and participants are retroactively penalized while others are rewarded with no effort, it’s no longer a game. It is corruption. Those making the rules are now arbitrarily picking winners and losers.

Then you are dumb as you would have instantly seen that anyone can join…but that would have defeated your own premise then so…

If a player plays eve then they LEGALLY do so knowing the rules can be changed at any time…

Well we know what side you’re on that’s for sure…

^ The corrupt will defend corruption. Naturally.

^ The stupid and lazy with defend their own inaction and dumb theories with deflections and pointless twaddle…

2 Likes

Yeah… Not agreeing with this.
The citadels were randomised for timing, not Dev spawned. CCP should have stripped citadels off Sisi to prevent the the planning of exactly what citadels to hunt and left it a mystery. But it was not not planned to funnel isk in any direction.

Can I just clarify, will pilots receive a notification (via Eve game email? Notification to the Eve Portal App?) that a structure that they have stored stuff/ships in has been classed as abandoned? How will you know to move stuff into asset safety?

Follow on questions:

At what stage of the abandonment cycle will a notification go out? As the structure moves into this status? Upon the first attack?

1 Like

Ive been getting them just from stations entering low power

1 Like

This is one of the better discussions of how one player lost several thousands of dollars worth of assets for no good reason. He’s being very level headed about it considering this is complete and total ■■■■■■■■.

3 Likes

And here is the corresponding reddit thread. Shame on you, CCP. I have to hold back what’s going through my head right now.

2 Likes

1 Like