Foundation Day Pack Update

If they read at least reddit, I think it won’t take long and the booster is back, BUT with an option to sell it on market. That way CCP gets to milk even more money and players will kiss their hands instead of threatening to quit due to the p2w.

But if two players starts at the same time, and they clash at PvP later on, then wouldn’t you say that the player who paid $$$ to get 6M skillpoints will have an upper hand over the player who has chosen not to buy skill points? Such player ultimately paid to win.

The “catch up” argument can be used on the, now removed, booster as well. “It is not pay2win because the player is using it to catch up with veterans who have full set of expensive implants which provide huge boost in pvp, all combat skills at level V and alts to join the combat that this player who bought the booster doesn’t have”.

I would take CCP selling a thousand cat ears over a single round of gold ammo any day.

I still think you are over-reacting. The bulk of your interactions have ( like mine ) been in fleets of 20-30 or more where the sheer fire power is going to overwhelm a target regardless of whether they have some 4% armor bonus.

Fact is, anyone can get out their wallet and buy PLEX and convert to ISK and buy ‘Gunslinger’ SS-906 implant ( 600m ISK ) and have 6% turret strike damage bonus…or indeed any or all of other level 6 implants that someone else might not be able to afford. One can argue that people ‘ought’ to do the grind…but then if there was no PLEX and grind was all there was, there would still be disparity between people as some simply have more time for grind than others.

Eve will never be 100% ‘fair’…no matter what method is used to make progress.

The issue is that a) this booster provides an advantage that you physically cannot get without opening your wallet and b) CCP is well known for boiling frogs and offering something less odious before unleashing the full might of whatever ■■■■■■■■ the monetization team has cooked up. Basically, we the players need to nip this in the bud before the rest of the gold ammo comes out. We saw it with SP, we saw it with selling ships (although that one got walked back some), and we need to make a stand here.

1 Like

But one could equally argue that if two players start at the same time and player 1 grinds for 2 hours a day and player 2 grinds for 4 hours a day…player 2 will have an ISK advantage ( and hence be able to buy more skills injectors etc ) and hence a skills and combat advantage. Simply due to having more spare time to play Eve. If player 1 injected some $$$ to make up the difference…would there still be a problem ? The whole ‘pay to win’ debacle forgets the oft equivalence of time and money.

Yes, person who buys all the gold ammo there is in any game to beat others and then boast about it.

What you are describing is perfectly normal.

yeah I was being facetious. The reaction to monacles was childish and pathetic over something that functionally did nothing.

That isn’t correct. Providing less ‘winningness’ is less pay to win, not more. No one was going to win anything with that combat booster other than maybe nominally higher ticks in PvE. The skill points certainly do make you ‘win’ permanently over someone else who doesn’t buy them.

It is discouraging that they thought to do this in the first place but not really surprising.

I still want Automatic Combat Pilot.

1 Like

Thank you very much to CCP for addressing this so quickly (and removing the booster).

Also, thank you to the CSM for getting on this as well!

Both very very much appreciated!

2 Likes

it’s the 2 time CCP has puled something similar.
We would appreciate if you guys would stop the waters …

Now how about complaining that they upped the price of Omega, but offered nothing more for your buck. Maybe omegas should be able to train two characters at once by default, but the second character trains at alpha speed.

1 Like

Ability to chance your name is on the top of my list.

So many people started this game at young age. I am sure that 20 years later as a 30-40 year old adult some would have grown out of need to have a name “MuffDiver” or some other name 12 years olds would come up with.

On the Character sheet it can just link to state previously known as XXXX.

Good. But also, “It was not our intention”. I know, right? I also accidentally code Golden Ammo into games all the time. Happens to the best of us! /s

At least it’s good to see the community come together in a righteous fit of rage and set CCP straight from time to time.

1 Like

I got over that a long time ago, considering ive seen prices go up everywhere, but same ■■■■ products and quality and same ■■■■ customer service

1 Like

Ccp has been firm on not changing it, and the csms are keen on not bringing it up either.

We all make mistakes, but it is how they are resolved when they happen that matters. Thanks for rectifying this quickly.

You are learning it seems.

Albeit, slowly …

Very slowly …

This was not our intention

hqdefault

Actually probably not … Im giving it up to a year before you try and slip in something like this again.

Thanks for changing. Don’t do it next time :slight_smile: