- When jumping through gates/bridges or coming out of warp onto a new grid. The severity is directly linked to the number of other players on grids.
FPS crashes. It drops to 0 and then ramps back up to normal after 5-10 secs.
- When sitting on busy stargates eg/ Jita/Perimeter
FPS can be seen to drop/trough/stutter every time another player either warps on grid or jumps through gate.
I’ve established that the fault is client related.
I can have 3 clients rendering at once (windowed mode). Lets call them A, B & C.
I can recreate the bug on client A, e.g. join a 30 man gang and jump through a few gates with fleet.
When the bug is recreated, client A freezes / stutters etc.
However client B & C remain unaffected.
I can also recreate the bug on client B and client A & C remain uneffected etc. eetc.
When did it start?
- Mid Feb after the new jump animation?
- Ryzen 5 2600
- 16GB single channel RAM
- GTX 950
- 250GB SSD
What have I done to try resolve the issue?
- uninstall & reinstall EVE
- reduce graphics settings in eve to minimum
- tried with both enabled/disabled cache button above graphics settings (texture, shading LOD etc)
- Locked my gpu to 60 fps
- Cleared all client cache
- cleared my GPU cache and various windows cache
- flushed DNS & ip etc etc
- uninstalled GPU driver with DDU and tried an older version from a time this issue didn’t exist.
- Updated every other driver possible, bios, etc.
- Ran HWMONITOR and nothing stands out on another other part of hardware apart from GPU utilization drops to 0 when replicating issue.
- Does this happen with any other game? no
What have CCP done?
- Ticket submitted
- Loglite requested
- ‘Nothing on loglite submitted could be causing the issues described, please submit a bug report’
- Bug report has been open since mid March, no update received.
- Second ticket submitted, GM although helpful exhausted his ‘available’ resolutions to try on my side.