Freighter Bumping Change - Work Around

If your fleet won’t arrive in the 3 minutes limit, start bumping at an earlier gate, knowing the ship will make a jump or two before being destroyed.

At what point I wonder does a ship become “unbumped”? May it be possible to play Pong with a procurer and two Omens?

This would alarm the victim and spectators, and can cost you the opportunity.

How can you not manage being in attack range of a freighter if you know about it from at least 2-3 jumps away?

As soon as you start being bumped you can align to a structure and dock before being bumped again.
What you are proposing only works if the freighter is not paying attention or the system does not have a docking structure.

1 Like

If they just ganked they have a 15 minute timer before they can gank again.

Clearly the optimal approach is to make it in the 3 minutes :slight_smile:

There was some guy on INN whining about how this change “effectively kills HiSec ganking”.

Uh, you can hold a freighter in place for 3 minutes… and last I checked pretty much every ship aligns and warps faster than a freighter…? Just hold them for 3 minutes, maybe 3 minutes in the next system if you have to… 6 minutes… plenty of time for some Tornadoes to catch up?

Honestly people can be so whiny in this game.

6 Likes

Dumb gankers, what do you expect? Before CODE and CONDI turned this in to an Alts Online gameplay. people would sit ready on for targets in pings and just warp down to the prey once it jumped through the gate. No bumping was at all necessary in the past. But then Alts Online came a long and destroyed that.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t understand… most ganking is between Amarr and Jita. It’s a pretty predictable route and there’s only 1-2 systems that really take the lion’s share in ships ganked/day.

Just have your guys in Tornadoes at a structure somewhere… 3 minutes is more than enough time to log in, undock, and warp to the gate. If it’s not then just catch up? IDK man. This doesn’t seem like a big deal.

It’s a good change for getting stuck inside things tho.

It really is not. Most gank squads are ready to undock in Uedama and Niarja. Most ganks happen there. Most targets are being found when they leave Jita or Amarr and are constantly being scanned by scanners. People want to make other people believe that this is a big issue for no good reason.

2 Likes

Well the epilog of course is that only stupid pilots were getting ganked anyway. So after escaping the bump those pilots will re-engage Auto Pilot.

Let’s see, oh yes 350 kills in the last hour in UD, I think I’ll fly a billion in cargo through on a Sunday afternoon.

For the good of the genic pool these people should be culled, not coddled. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes, a Darwin Award winner.

Easy fix, It doesn’t cost anything to have extra alpha clones.

[Ibis, Ibis fit]

[Empty Low slot]
[Empty Low slot]

Civilian Warp Disruptor
5MN Microwarpdrive I

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

2 Likes

The only downside is now CONCORD is on site.

I’m sure they can find a workaround to that too.

lol… I dont get that.

The timer also reset if you use noob ship with scram to suicide point.

3 Likes

Gank on gate approach if AP freighter

Bump and prevent warp on spawn at gate when entering system

Gank faster, its 3 minutes

Scram, bump, and repeat to reset timer

Aside from hearing gankers holding a freighter hostage, I can only think maybe to bump beyond gate guns if that exist with a set optimal.

Sir Issac Newton would like a word, his laws make him the deadliest mofo in space.

Do you really want bumping physics that cause damage, because I can absolutely guarantee that they won’t work in the way that you think they will. At the masses and velocities we’re talking about with bumping it’s an exercise in ballistics.

A bumping Machariel is basically 1.5 Nimitz class Aircraft Carriers travelling at more than 14x the speed of sound…

4 Likes

So someone who has an active alt account bumps their Orca full of ice heading or other cargo to Jita.

Waits out the timer to be able repeat this new alt bump trick and then safely arrive with goods using their instant dock points.