Freighter choice?

I know right?

Last month, according to CCP Quant’s numbers 1 800T ISK worth of goods went into and out of The Forge region, while only 2.5 T ISK was destroyed (from all causes, not just ganking) for a total loss rate of 0.14%. It’s completely ridiculous how little stuff actually is destroyed in highsec.

Essentially nothing gets destroyed moving around in highsec. Freighters included. This isn’t a problem for anyone but the most reckless and risk taking.

1 Like

I like this fit it as well.

To be fair Uedama is in the citadel, and Niarja is in domain, although those regions typically have less destroyed value than jita even if we all all their destruction to the jita value it’s still a fraction of a percent of value. So like you say

it’s easy to look at the KB and see all the ganked freighters, but go to one of the pipe systems and count all the ones that fly through just fine. Even during burn jita a bunch of haulers were still getting in and out of jita.
And there’s always courier contracts, They typically seem to go through just fine, so clearly someone is getting the hauling done.

Personally I don’t fly freighters, warp way too slow, and I don’t move stuff that’s all that bulky too often.

1 Like

Just one anecdotal history here, but I’ve hauled hundreds of contracts on my freighter alt without getting ganked. In my experience it’s not very risky at all, unless you are doing things you shouldn’t, like hauling more than 1-2 billion isk worth of stuff, or wrapping your cargo up. Granted, I never afk haul, so that probably helps reduce my risk more than anything.

I think that the self destruct mechanism should be implemented - a service you purchase from concord maybe - they destroy your wreck so gankers do not get anything in the end.

4 Likes

doesn’t take afk hauling, ive watch frighters get bumped on the out going gate while they were aligning for warp, ive watched them get ganked with up to 6 t1 logi cruisers that were also ganked before ganking the freighter, I’ve only see very few freighters using a webber alt and none of those being targeted (ofcourse it could just be luck and the unlucky still get hit before hand if circustances are right)

to knock down ganking it would have to become so prevalent that it would hinder many peoples gameplay once again.

Not really could just change the drop rate of modules in high sec, the higher the % of it gets destroyed the less ganking there will be.

1 Like

The best freighter choice is someone else’s freighter.

2 Likes

This is why I went with orca instead. The limitations of volume / type of goods didn’t worry me, as I mainly wanted an ore carrier anyway. That and just wanting to get to Jita to cut out the middle man, not make a business out of it, made it work for me

The 10 sec align time with MWD and starting price of around 700 mil were also just too seductive. Plus, I’ve just discovered with help of another thread, that it is possible to do this and still get both 3.2 warp and 325k EHP. If your mix of goods is right, that could well be better than a freighter?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.